Mark of the beast
THE LIVING WORD CENTER, INC.
Rev. Jay Werman, Director
What the scriptures really says about it? Read below and learn the truth! and stop wasting your time believing fallacies that only bring forth confusion.
“666” The Mark of The Beast Fallacy
I had always heard of preachers saying that the mark of the beast is “666”, which have no biblical support, if you read what it is stated in the book of Revelation. We have mislead not only by people taking the passages that refers to this event out of the prophetic context but also by movies like “666, The beast”, “The Omen”, “666 Damien”, etc. These fallacies had twisted the real meaning of the biblical context. What is even sadder about this is that Christians had fallen in the same hole as those that are in spiritual blindness, who should know better.
But let’s put aside what books, movies and people had said about this subject and see what exactly the Scriptures says about it. Because ate the end of the day what I preach, teach or believe is not based on the Scripture, then it is become just like any other fallacy, fable or fiction. Which by the way, the purpose of these movies and books, besides obtaining financial benefit, is to inject fear upon those who watch or read them. Here is an interesting question, How can a person rate (assign a standard or value to) about any specific subject of the Scriptures, when such person is completely ignorant of what the Scriptures says? Just because I had read a few books about medicine, does that made me a Doctor? The obvious answer is no! You see today hundreds of people writing about biblical subjects, in which at they have no clue or knowledge of them. Even famous Christians preachers, who should know better had fallen the same way. I always laugh when someone well known in the “Christian community”, writes a book and such book becomes “#1 seller” by the NY Times. No disrespect to any of these editors, whose had expend years in this field but again, when it come to the biblical arena it takes more than just reading a book and rated it. Such books are cause of many people been confused and sometimes deviated to a different path. At the end, the responsible isn’t the publisher but the writer. The bottom line is don’t waste your money buying a books because of the famous name of the writer but because of the spiritual essences of the book, which can only be measure in the spiritual realm and not by the reasons of the mind. I’m speaking concerning the Christian spiritual essences of what these books are supposed to express. I can’t speak for fiction because the bible doesn’t deals with it. Even the movie “Left Behind”, which is supposed to be about the rapture of the church is being categorized as “fiction”, but one day it will happen! The question is….. Are you ready?
Let’s analyze in details what really the book of Revelation says about “666” as the mark of the beast:
“And he (The Antichrist) causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive A MARK in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had THE MARK, or THE NAME OF THE BEAST, or THE NUMBER OF HIS NAME. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST (It doesn’t say THE MARK OF THE BEAST): for it is the number of a man; and his (The Antichrist’s numeric name) number is Six hundred threescore and six.”
Nowhere in these passages said that “666” is the mark of the beast, if you read the passages in their proper order:
- “And he causeth all”: Two things here: 1)- The person mentioned here as “he” is the false prophet of verse 11. 2)- “all” is related to “the subjects of the antichrist kingdom”, which will cover the Old Roman Empire territory and not to “all” the inhabitants of the earth at the time of his ruling. I can’t get into details now but the antichrist won’t be a worldwide ruler as many had written in books. The Scriptures says the contrary, the antichrist won’t ruler The United States, South and Central America and other places. His kingdom is limited by the 7 years of tribulation, which is divided in 2 sections. The popular idea is the total ruling of the antichrist over the earth but this is not supported by the bible. The only one that will be ruling “All the earth” is the ruling of Christ when he returned to kill the antichrist and establish his Millennial kingdom. Rev. 19:11-21. “And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.” v. 20
- “both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads”: Here is specified who will branded and the location of such brand upon the subjects of the territory of the ruling of the antichrist.
- “And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name”: Three brands are stated here and not just one; The mark, the number or the number of his name. What will be the use of these three brands is not stated in the bible. Many had speculated about these brands use according to the social status of the subjects of the antichrist’s kingdom but there no direct reference of it. If we can’t find any passage that support what we believe, we must refrain from twisting passages out of their own context to trying to prove us argument. It will become just that, an argument, fallacy, error or theory, and not a doctrine based on the Scripture. We must keep silence where God had kept silence, meaning; where God didn’t details an event, we must not search for any!
- “Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six”: What is stated here? the mark of the beast? No, for it says “the number of the beast” and not “the mark of the beast”. so, what is 666 then? According to the order given here in book of Revelation, 666 is the number of the beast. There is not reference in the bible that the antichrist will have the number 666 in the top of his head or spiritual meaning of the number 666. These are just speculations and fallacies. Deut. 29:29 says “The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed (the Scriptures) belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.”
Let’s review another passages in the book of Revelation that refers to the 666:
“And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.”
- “If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark (which is not stated in the bible) in his forehead, or in his hand”: These are warnings to those under the ruling the antichrist. This warnings were given after an angel preached the Gospel; “And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.” Rev. 14:6-7
- The same (man) shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.” These are the consequences for those that disobey the warnings.
Another passage that refers to the same subject:
“And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled (Gr. “mignumi”, which mean “to mix”) with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.”
The passage refers to the great tribulation saints “And I SAW…and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over HIS MARK, and over THE NUMBER OF HIS NAME.” Also, this passage states their location in heaven; “stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God”. Thousands of people will be refuse to be branded by the beast.
“And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.”
These three brands are literal brands and not spiritual or mystical as many had suggested. Two are not identified, which the mark and the name of the beast but the numeric number of his name id given. Many had tried to name the antichrist, which had been proving wrong. Why? Because the antichrist won’t be in action until two things happens:
- The rapture of the church: “Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day (of the Lord, not the rapture) shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.” 2 Th. 2:3-12. Two events precede the Second coming of The Lord: “a great falling away” and “the man of sin be revealed”. Noticed v. 6 “And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.” The Greek work used for “withholdeth” is “katechō”, which mean “to hold back, detain, retain, that which hinders, Antichrist from making his appearance.” and v. 7 says “For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth (retain-holding back) will let, until he be taken out of the way.” The body of Christ here on earth is holding or hindering the manifestation of the antichrist. This passage is a direct reference to the rapture of the church.
- The formation of the 10 kingdoms prophesied in Daniel 7:23-24: “Thus he said, the fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces. And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.”
- The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth: The Old Roman Empire, which did as it was written here “which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.”
- And the ten horns (ten kingdoms) out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise”: The 10 horns or kings are coming OUT OF THIS KINGDOM, which basically means that the ten kingdoms from which the antichrist will arise are the formation of ten kingdoms from where the Old Roman Empire stood. So, These ten kingdoms will be form from within the boundaries of the Old Roman Empire territory.
- and another shall rise after them: This is rising of the antichrist. but when he will arise? this passage said “AFTER THEM”. Why is THEM? the ten kingdoms. The antichrist can NOT be reveal until the ten kingdoms are formed inside the Old Roman Empire territory.
All these so called antichrist today are just a fallacy. Here are some names of people being called “antichrist”:
- The pope of Rome
- Theodore Roosevelt
- Judas Iscariot (resurrected)
- Ronald Reagan
- Henry Kissinger
- Mikhail Gorbachev
- Antiochus IV Epiphanes
- Google (which is so ridiculous)
Among other foolish beliefs.
No one will know the identity of the antichrist until the rapture of the church or the 10 kingdoms are formed in the Old Roman Empire Territory.
24 And THE TEN HORNS OUT (From within) OF THIS KINGDOM (What kingdom is refer here? The fourth beast. read verse 23) are ten kings that shall arise: and ANOTHER SHALL RISE AFTER THEM (First the ten kingdoms and after them the antichrist will take over them); and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings. And he (The little horn or future antichrist) shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time (These are the last three and a half years of Daniel 9:27).
The scriptures are very clear about all these details.