"The present state of the republic is perfect example of is its to come; more divisions among the same country. Hatred is raising between fellows citizens. The present state of this country is just the beginning of the end. The nation who used to stand against tyranny now is slowly submerging itself into one. By no mean this nation is perfect but it used to be a beacon of light in a dark world. Every single country throughout history that has had power to rule, has cave-in because of the same elements that are destroying today's nations, which includes The U.S"
The levels of corruption creeping into the government has corroded the foundation in which this country was founded. Was is the number one motivation in The U.S. today? Money, Greed, Control, Power. We had forgotten about compassion toward those who are in need. Even christian leaders and churches are driven by money and greed, which has weaken our spiritual foundation. Evangelicals in the U.S. had being corrupted like never before, which is the reason for this country’s promiscuity. But lets concentrate in the future prophetical rule of this nation.
There is no mention of the future role of The United States in the bible. Why is that? There is no explanation for that either. Some writers and preachers have twisted the Scriptures to try to connect the future role of The United States, but at the end, these arguments are just fallacies and baseless claims. When we force a passage of the bible to try to find a meaning that isn’t there, we are no better than the people that use the bible to support their religions. We MUST remain silence on those subjects where God didn’t express any answer. One passage in the Old Testament provided to us with such silence:
“The secret (not revealed to us yet) things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed (God’s word) belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.” Deut. 29:29
There are many things that we are not yet able to comprehend, perhaps because of our human limitations but once we receive a glorified body at the rapture of the church, we will be able to grasp the things that now we can’t.
If you are familiar with the prophecy of Daniel 2, in which a pagan king dreamed of a great image that according to the interpretation given in the same chapter represent the future gentile empires on the earth. In the description of the dream each Empire was represent with a different type of material.
“Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof was terrible. This image’s head was of FINE GOLD, his breast and his arms of SILVER, his belly and his thighs of BRASS, His legs of iron, his feet part of IRON and part of CLAY. Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces. Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshing floors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.” 2:31-35
Notice how the quality of the material that represents each Empire weaken or decreased from the head to the toes. As one empire replace the next one the lowest the material decreased and the brutality and violence increased. The principles and humans values of each government had decreased as time passed by and the foundation in which such government was established becomes deteriorated. Perhaps the shifting of the principles and humans values, in which The United States was established by the founding fathers of this great nation, might be one the reason for the future role of the country. After the 2016 election results we are seeing a glimpse of the future of this nation, which might shift in a direction toward the scenario where the dominance and power will decrease. The changing of the laws that allows the promiscuity and perdition of those who are blinded by their own sinful lives will eventually doom our own principles. The silence of God in the future role of The United States isn’t a coincidence but rather a silence warning to all nations that The God of Heaven can’t be replaced. The United States had blessed many people by being a shelter in times of trouble but salvation is not based on works but in faith in the sacrifice of God’s son. Only the future will tell what direction this country will go and how each president will keep the principles of this nation, which are expressed in the Constitution. From 2007 to 2014 has been a increased in a non-Christian among Americans, especially among those called “Millennial”. Each generation is pulling away from that foundation and becoming more “Materialist” than “Spiritual”. This cold wind that are dragging many into the wrong path had even affected many Christians, which are spending more time in away from the heavenly Matters. I pray today that our God have mercy upon us!
The expression “America Great Again” is based on “material” point of view and NOT on the elements in which this nation was founded. America without God WON’T be the same again. This past presidential election left nothing but a divided nation, filled with the raising of hate against those who can’t defend themselves. God’s presence is slowly fading over a nation in which once a upon a time was the center of it. The shifting of the moral values and the pursuing of temporary pleasures are in the raising, which also had affected the body of Christ. The church is NO LONGER preaching about the rapture but instead we have replaced God’s message with “modern messages”, which are more “Intellectual” and connected with what people wants to hear and not spiritual in essence. How many preachers that we see on TV are preparing the church for the rapture? How many pastors are preaching the return of The Lord for the his church? I’ll let you to answer these questions. Some are calling the preaching of the rapture, “Too old fashion message”, which will is affecting the spiritual lives of many. The fact of the matter is that “the message of salvation, repentance, forgiveness and holiness” is no longer the heart of the message that once made this nation great. These principles are replaced by corruption, blasphemy, promiscuity, hates, waxed hearts, etc. What destroyed The Roman Empire? The same elements we had mentioned. At the time when The Romans reached its greatest expansion, no one would have conceived the idea of the banishment of such vast Empire. It doesn’t matter how big and powerful a country might be, if such greatness is use only to bring destruction, poverty and tyranny to those how are defenseless, which history has proven. At the end of the day God’s word will be fulfill as it was written, whether you believe it or not. God has never failed and He never will. Every prophecy related to God’s eternal purpose will be fulfilled and everyone who followed His word will be rewarded.
Here are some speculations of the future role of The United States:
− “The beast of Rev. 13:11-18 symbolized The United States”. Those who claimed such fallacy use Rev. 13:1-10 to refer to “The pope of Rome” as the first beast and Rev. 13:11-18 to refer to the future role of The United States. But this theory is completely wrong and the supporters of this false teaching had taken the passages mentioned out of their context. Rev. 13 IS NOT referring neither to “The Pope” nor “The future role of The United States”. Rev. 13:1-10 refers to “The rise of the antichrist over the Old Roman Empire territory” and verses 11-18 refers to “The false prophet”, which is another MAN (Human being same as the antichrist) that will use his satanic powers to “Influence and control” people in the antichrist’s favor. Both of them are destroy in the second literal advent of Christ to the earth. Rev. 19:11-21. Observe what Rev. 19:20 says:
“And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.”
It mentioned, “The beast” not “the pope” and “The false Prophet” not “The United States”: These are two “Individuals” not two “Nations”. Also, The beast or antichrist will rise from “Syria” and not from Italy, which made a fallacy any reference to the pope and the roman church. The devil will cast into the lake of fire where the antichrist and the false prophet were cast down previously by Christ personally after they were defeated in the battle of Armageddon.
“And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.” Rev. 20:10
Others are referring Isaiah 18:1 as a reference of The United States in the bible, which says:
“Woe to the land shadowing with wings, which is beyond the rivers of Ethiopia.”
But there is no reference in this passage of The United States but to “The land of Ethiopia”. Some writers connect “wings” with the symbol that represent The United States, which is “The eagle”, but in the language of the prophecy there is not such connection. In the contrary, the passage refers to “the rivers of Ethiopia”, which are “The white Nile and The blue Nile rivers”. Also, The Ethiopians used to be part of The Egyptian ruling. The results of these fallacies are poor use and comprehension of the context in which the passage was written. The Hebrew word used for “Ethiopia” is “Kush”, which is translated “cush” in some passages. One more note on this point: According to Daniel 11:43 Ethiopia will be conquer by the antichrist “and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps.”. Back in WWII some biblical writers said that the prophecy of Daniel 11:43 was fulfilled when Mussolini invaded Ethiopia in Oct. 3, 1935 in a Italo-Ethiopian war, which turn out just to be another fallacy. We can’t just take a biblical passage out of context and apply to some random event and say that the prophecy is fulfilled. We MUST preserve the originality of the biblical text as God has expressed in His own word.
Another fallacy related to the future role of The United States is found in Rev. 12:14-16, where it is used the expression “the woman were given two wings of a great eagle”. We can’t assume that this eagle is referring to the future role of The United States just because the eagle is used in the emblem of The United States. This interpretation is the result of speculation e imagination without biblical support. If we READ in the book of Exodus 19:4-5 what God meant with the expression “eagles’ wings”, which is related to the liberation of slavery from Egypt:
“And Moses went up unto God, and the Lord called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel; Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on EAGLE’S WING, and brought you unto myself.”
As you can see, it refers to God’s deliverance from the Egyptians and NOT to The United States as many had suggested. Therefore the application of Rev. 12:14 in connection with the future role of The United States is a fallacy. So, what is exactly the meaning of Rev. 12:14?
“And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time (1 year), and times (2 Years), and half a time (half of year), from the face of the serpent.”
It’s basically describing “the Flee of the Jews people out of Judea” into the Mountains, which was prophesied by Jesus in Mat. 24:16-20:
“Then (at that point) let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the Sabbath day.”
This prophecy will take place at the end of the first three and a half years of Daniel’s 70th week. Daniel 9:27. The remain three and a half years is refer in Rev. 12:14-16. One more note on this point: In Rev. 12:6 is the prophetic context in which Rev. 12:14 was written.
Another fallacy related to the future role of The United States is found in the application of Ezekiel 38:13, which says:
“Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? Hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? To carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?”
Some have used “Tarshish” as a symbol of “The British” and “the young lions” as all the nations that speak English, which made this theory so ridicules. The promoters of this fallacy claimed “The British and all the nations with British roots will speak against on invasion to Israel from Russia. This point is without biblical foundation since Ezekiel 38 and 39 DOES NOT refers to Russia invading Israel, but instead refers to “The invasion of Israel by the antichrist at the end of Daniel’s 70th week. The antichrist and his armies are the only ones to invade and defeat Israel according to the Ezekiel 38-39. They will come “from the north” after the antichrist conquered the nations that will raise against him, after he invaded Israel at the end of the first three and a half years, which is stated in Daniel 9:27. Once the antichrist had invaded Israel and had broken the covenant and he is about to wipe out Israel, the nations EAST and NORTH will raise against him, as it is stated in Daniel 11:44 that says:
“But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.”
These nations “East and North” refer to “all the countries that are NOT part of the Old Roman Empire territory, from which the antichrist will rule”. Who are these countries? England, Germany, Russia, China, Japan, South and North Korea, etc. The antichrist will raise from the 10 kingdoms prophesied by Daniel 7:24
“And the ten horns OUT OF THIS kingdom (The Old Roman Empire Territory) are ten kings that shall arise: and ANOTHER shall rise AFTER THEM; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.”
The antichrist will be reveal himself AFTER the 10 kingdoms are formed and NOT before them. These 10 kingdoms or governments will be formed in the near future and will be formed “The Old Roman Empire”, which is divided in 10 kingdoms. Russia was NOT nor even be part of The Old Roman Empire territory, neither is Germany. All the nations East and North will be defeated by the antichrist, which will take him the remain three and a half years of Daniel’s 70th week. The war between the antichrist and the nations east and north of the 10 kingdoms will serve a way for God to protect Israel from extermination in the hands of the antichrist. This period of time was prophesied by Jesus in Mat. 24:22
“And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.”
Ezekiel 38-39 will be fulfilled after the antichrist conquer the nations EAST and North of Daniel 11:44, after this event the antichrist will return to Israel to finished what he couldn’t because of “the tidings out of the east and out of the north”. So, the antichrist will come from the north only in the sense of “conquering” and not in the sense of “originating” in there. By the way, Russia is not mentioned directly the bible but Russia is mixed with the nations EAST and North of the 10 kingdoms. The power of The United Stated, Russia and other nations will diminish as the fulfillment of these prophecies are getting close, giving weight to the formation of the Old Roman Empire territory.
Ezekiel contains two prophecies describing Israel’s trading relations with Tarshish. The first is retrospective in 27:12 “Tarshish did business with you because of your great wealth of every kind; silver, iron, tin, and lead they exchanged for your wares.” and 27:25 “The ships of Tarshish traveled for you with your merchandise. So you were filled and heavily laden in the heart of the seas.” The second in Ezekiel 38:13 is forward looking where “Sheba and Dedan and the merchants of Tarshish and all its leaders will say to you, ‘Have you come to seize spoil? Have you assembled your hosts to carry off plunder, to carry away silver and gold, to take away livestock and goods, to seize great spoil?’”
There NO mention of The United States in the bible, neither is Russian is mentioned in the King James Version. The whole Russian mix up is the result of using word out of their prophetic context and chronological order. The same issue had happen with the antichrist role in the great tribulation period, he won’t be a world wide ruler as many teach, but rather his ruling will be limited to the Old Roman Empire territory. After he conquered the nations that will rise against him from the East and North of the 10 kingdoms, he will increase his territory but just for a short time, because once he defeat these nations, he will return to Jerusalem with THEM and the battle of Armageddon will be set up, as it is stated in Zach. 14
One more note on this point: The recent events in Europe and in the Middle east are shaping the prophetic landscape and setting the stage for the upcoming prophetical events, which will end “The human governments” and start “The Divine ruling upon the earth”.
Another fallacy that claimed about the future role of The United States is found in the word “Jerusalem”. This line of teaching is totally delusional and have absolutely no biblical based. This is what they claimed:
-“The United States is the New Jerusalem on earth at this present moment”. This conclusion came as the result of the word USA in the midst of the word Jerusalem. So, their argument is based on the word “JerUSAlem”, which is absurd and delusional in every sense of the word.
– They also believe that “The United States will be the ONLY remain nation on earth” and it will be “The New Jerusalem” on earth. This none sense idea have no place in the Scriptures. The United States is a country that had blessed many people and will do so until their power will diminish. How will that happen? No explanation is given in the Scriptures. One more point on the teaching of the word “JerUSAlem”, the Hebrew word used for “Jerusalem” is “ירוּשׁלם” or “yerûshâlaim”, which in the structure of the Hebrew language no USA is found. One of the most dangerous and scary things to do is to find HIDDEN CODE or MESSAGES in the bible, which had lead many into errors and confusion. There are neither secret codes nor hidden messages in the bible as many are teaching today but instead the bible is full of “Divine principles and laws”, which is totally different from “secret codes or hidden messages”. Some are using these pagan techniques in the church to deceive the believers and to rich themselves. These is one of many reason why we MUST study the Word of God and DISCERN every teaching as it is stated in 1 John 4:1, Eph. 4:12-16
From the prophetic point of view the power and dominance of The United States will decrease as the scenario for the antichrist will take shape. Why the antichrist rules The United States? No, the bible limits the antichrist ruling to the Old Roman Empire territory and after he rose as the leader of these 10 kingdoms, which will take him the first three and a half years of Daniel’s 70th week, he will expand his dominion when he will conquer the nations east and north of the 10 kingdoms. But the antichrist won’t rule The United States, neither South nor Central America. How can the superiority of most powerful nation in the world today will decrease? The details are not revealed but it will happen just how it had happen with all dominates nations in the past. Remember the Babylonian Empire, the Medo-Persian Empire, The Grecian Empire and the Roman Empire? Who would have thought back then that these Empires would vanish? No one, but the future prophecies will be fulfilled and God’s word will establish.
The delusion and twisted imagination of those who separates passages, words or expressions out of their own context in the bible to confuse and deceive will increase into the manifestation of the antichrist. As sad as this sound, no one can stopped it, because the influence of satanic powers through these fallacies are going to continue until all the enemies of God are destroyed, as it is stated in 1 Cor. 15:24-28. Any person that doesn’t spend time to search the Scriptures and find the truth in it, is a easy prey for these type of fallacies and delusions, which purposes is to deceive and cause confusion. We MUST rely on God’s word through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
“Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron.” 1 Tim. 4:1-2
“This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, raitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their’s also was. But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience, Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me. Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them.” 2 Tim. 3:1-14
The above passages expressed the demonic spirits that are influencing people today, which are allow and operating under “The time of the Gentiles”. Luke 21:24
Final Note: The bible DOES NOT predict an invasion of Israel by Russia as many have suggested or any other nation. Ezekiel 38-39 IS NOT a reference of Russia invading Israel but rather predict the invasion of Israel by the antichrist, who is returning to Palestine at the end of Daniel’s 70th week, after he defeated the nations “east and north” of the ten kingdoms. These nations include “Russia, Germany, China, Japan, India, and other nations who weren’t under the Old Roman Empire territory. Daniel 11:44. The antichrist will become “the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal” (Ezek. 38:2) after he conquered these nations east and north of the ten kingdoms, and He also becomes “The prince of the north”. After these events, he will return to Israel with all these nations he conquered to finish the Jews, which give place to Zach. 14 and Rev. 19:11-21
May our God have mercy upon us everyday of our lives while we are here on earth!
THE LIVING WORD CENTER, INC.
Rev. Jay Werman, Director
“666” The Mark of The Beast Fallacy
I had always heard of preachers saying that the mark of the beast is “666”, which have no biblical support, if you read what it is stated in the book of Revelation. We have mislead not only by people taking the passages that refers to this event out of the prophetic context but also by movies like “666, The beast”, “The Omen”, “666 Damien”, etc. These fallacies had twisted the real meaning of the biblical context. What is even sadder about this is that Christians had fallen in the same hole as those that are in spiritual blindness, who should know better.
But let’s put aside what books, movies and people had said about this subject and see what exactly the Scriptures says about it. Because ate the end of the day what I preach, teach or believe is not based on the Scripture, then it is become just like any other fallacy, fable or fiction. Which by the way, the purpose of these movies and books, besides obtaining financial benefit, is to inject fear upon those who watch or read them. Here is an interesting question, How can a person rate (assign a standard or value to) about any specific subject of the Scriptures, when such person is completely ignorant of what the Scriptures says? Just because I had read a few books about medicine, does that made me a Doctor? The obvious answer is no! You see today hundreds of people writing about biblical subjects, in which at they have no clue or knowledge of them. Even famous Christians preachers, who should know better had fallen the same way. I always laugh when someone well known in the “Christian community”, writes a book and such book becomes “#1 seller” by the NY Times. No disrespect to any of these editors, whose had expend years in this field but again, when it come to the biblical arena it takes more than just reading a book and rated it. Such books are cause of many people been confused and sometimes deviated to a different path. At the end, the responsible isn’t the publisher but the writer. The bottom line is don’t waste your money buying a books because of the famous name of the writer but because of the spiritual essences of the book, which can only be measure in the spiritual realm and not by the reasons of the mind. I’m speaking concerning the Christian spiritual essences of what these books are supposed to express. I can’t speak for fiction because the bible doesn’t deals with it. Even the movie “Left Behind”, which is supposes to be about the rapture of the church is being categorized as “fiction”.
Let’s analyze in details what really the book of Revelation says about “666” as the mark of the beast:
“And he (The Antichrist) causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive A MARK in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had THE MARK, or THE NAME OF THE BEAST, or THE NUMBER OF HIS NAME. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST (It doesn’t say THE MARK OF THE BEAST): for it is the number of a man; and his (The Antichrist’s numeric name) number is Six hundred threescore and six.” Revelation 13:16-18
Nowhere in these passages said that “666” is the mark of the beast, if you read the passages in their proper order:
- “And he causeth all”: Two things here: 1)- The person mentioned here as “he” is the false prophet of verse 11. 2)- “all” is related to “the subjects of the antichrist kingdom”, which will cover the Old Roman Empire territory and not to “all” the inhabitants of the earth at the time of his ruling. I can’t get into details now but the antichrist won’t be a worldwide ruler as many had written in books. The Scriptures says the contrary, the antichrist won’t ruler The United States, South and Central America and other places. His kingdom is limited by the 7 years of tribulation, which is divided in 2 sections. The popular idea is the total ruling of the antichrist over the earth but this is not supported by the bible. The only one that will be ruling “All the earth” is the ruling of Christ when he returned to kill the antichrist and establish his Milenial kingdom. Rev. 19:11-21. “And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.” v. 20
- “both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads”: Here is specified who will branded and the location of such brand upon the subjects of the territory of the ruling of the antichrist.
- “And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name”: Three brands are stated here and not just one; The mark, the number or the number of his name. What will be the use of these three brands is not stated in the bible. Many had speculated about these brands use according to the social status of the subjects of the antichrist’s kingdom but there no direct reference of it. If we can’t find any passage that support what we believe, we must refrain from twisting passages out of their own context to trying to prove us argument. It will become just that, an argument, fallacy, error or theory, and not a doctrine based on the Scripture. We must keep silence where God had kept silence, meaning; where God didn’t details an event, we must not search for any!
- “Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six”: What is stated here? the mark of the beast? No, for it says “the number of the beast” and not “the mark of the beast”. so, what is 666 then? According to the order given here in book of Revelation, 666 is the number of the beast. There is not reference in the bible that the antichrist will have the number 666 in the top of his head or spiritual meaning of the number 666. These are just speculations and fallacies. Deut. 29:29 says “The secret things belong unto the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed (the Scriptures) belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.”
Let’s review another passages in the book of Revelation that refers to the 666:
“And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.” Rev. 14:9-11
- “If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark (which is not stated in the bible) in his forehead, or in his hand”: These are warnings to those under the ruling the antichrist. This warnings were given after an angel preached the Gospel; “And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.” Rev. 14:6-7
- The same (man) shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.” These are the consequences for those that disobey the warnings.
Another passage that refers to the same subject:
“And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled (Gr. “mignumi”, which mean “to mix”) with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.” Rev. 15:2
The passage refers to the great tribulation saints “And I SAW…and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over HIS MARK, and over THE NUMBER OF HIS NAME.” Also, this passage states their location in heaven; “stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.” Thousands of people will be refuse to be branded by the beast.
“And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.” Rev. 6:9-11
These 3 brands are literal brands and not spiritual or mystical as many had suggested. Two are not identified, which the mark and the name of the beast but the numeric number of his name id given. Many had tried to name the antichrist, which had been proving wrong. Why? Because the antichrist won’t be in action until two things happens:
- The rapture of the church: “Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day (of the Lord, not the rapture) shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.” 2 Th. 2:3-12. Two events precede the Second coming of The Lord: “a great falling away” and “the man of sin be revealed”. Noticed v. 6 “And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.” The Greek work used for “withholdeth” is “katechō”, which mean “to hold back, detain, retain, that which hinders, Antichrist from making his appearance.” and v. 7 says “For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth (retain-holding back) will let, until he be taken out of the way.” The body of Christ here on earth is holding or hindering the manifestation of the antichrist. This passage is a direct reference to the rapture of the church.
- The formation of the 10 kingdoms prophesied in Daniel 7:23-24: “Thus he said, the fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces. And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.”
- The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth: The Old Roman Empire, which did as it was written here “which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.”
- And the ten horns (ten kingdoms) out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise”: The 10 horns or kings are coming OUT OF THIS KINGDOM, which basically means that the ten kingdoms from which the antichrist will arise are the formation of ten kingdoms from where the Old Roman Empire stood. So, These ten kingdoms will be form from within the boundaries of the Old Roman Empire territory.
- and another shall rise after them: This is rising of the antichrist. but when he will arise? this passage said “AFTER THEM”. Why is THEM? the ten kingdoms. The antichrist can NOT be reveal until the ten kingdoms are formed inside the Old Roman Empire territory.
all these so called antichrist today are just a fallacy. Here are some names of people being called “antichrist”:
- The pope of Rome
- Theodore Roosevelt
- Judas Iscariot (resurrected)
- Ronald Regan
- Henry Kissinger
- Mikhail Gorbachev
- Antiochus IV Epiphanes
- Google (which is so ridicules)
No one will know the identity of the antichrist until the rapture of the church or the 10 kingdoms are formed in the Old Roman Empire Territory.
24 And THE TEN HORNS OUT (From within) OF THIS KINGDOM (What kingdom is refer here? The fourth beast. read verse 23) are ten kings that shall arise: and ANOTHER SHALL RISE AFTER THEM (First the ten kingdoms and after them the antichrist will take over them); and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings. And he (The little horn or future antichrist) shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time (These are the last three and a half years of Daniel 9:27).
The scriptures are very clear about all these details.
Praise to be to The Most High God!
THE LIVING WORD CENTER, INC.
Rev. Jay Werman, Director
Tema: Guía de Estudio acerca de “Raptos enseñados en la biblia”
Base bíblica: 1 Tes. 4:13-18
13 Tampoco queremos, hermanos, que ignoréis acerca de los que duermen, para que no os entristezcáis como los otros que no tienen esperanza. 14 Porque si creemos que Jesús murió y resucitó, así también traerá Dios con Jesús a los que durmieron en él. 15 Por lo cual os decimos esto en palabra del Señor: que nosotros que vivimos, que habremos quedado hasta la venida del Señor, no precederemos a los que durmieron. 16 Porque el Señor mismo con voz de mando, con voz de arcángel, y con trompeta de Dios, descenderá del cielo; y los muertos en Cristo resucitarán primero. 17 Luego nosotros los que vivimos, los que hayamos quedado, seremos arrebatados juntamente con ellos en las nubes para recibir al Señor en el aire, y así estaremos siempre con el Señor. 18 Por tanto, alentaos los unos a los otros con estas palabras.
¿Cuántos “arrebatamientos” se enseñan en las Escrituras?
Existen diez diferentes arrebatamientos enseñados en todas las Escrituras. Especificaremos cada uno de ellos con sus respectivas escrituras.
- Primer rapto enseñado en las Escrituras:
“Y caminó Enoc con Dios, después que engendró a Matusalén, trescientos años, y engendró hijos e hijas. Y fueron todos los días de Enoc trescientos sesenta y cinco años. Caminó, pues, Enoc con Dios, y desapareció, porque le llevó Dios.” Gen. 5:22-24
La palabra Hebrea usada para “porque le llevó Dios” es “lâqach”, la cual significa como sigue:
“Tomar, obtener, ir a buscar, asir, agarre, recibir, adquirir, comprar, llevar, casarse, tener una esposa, arrebatar, quitan”. La palabra griega usada en el siguiente pasaje amplió el significado de Génesis 5:24. En otras palabras, ambos pasajes se complementan entre sí para expresar el evento de que se llevó a cabo. La palabra hebrea se usa 975 veces en el Antiguo Testamento.
“Por la fe Enoc fue traspuesto para no ver muerte, y no fue hallado, porque lo traspuso Dios; y antes que fuese traspuesto, tuvo testimonio de haber agradado a Dios. Heb. 11:5
La palabra griega utilizada para “Traspuesto” es “metatithēmi”, que significa “transferir, es decir, (literalmente) de transporte, (por implicación) de cambio, (reflexivamente) cambian de lado, o (en sentido figurado) pervertido: – trasladar, cambiar, eliminar, traducir, a su vez. ” Enoc fue transportado literalmente hasta el tercer cielo.
- Segundo rapto enseñado en las Escrituras:
Elías fue trasladado al tercer cielo. 2 Reyes 2:11-12.
“Y saliendo a Eliseo los hijos de los profetas que estaban en Bet-El, le dijeron: ¿Sabes que Jehová te quitará hoy a tu señor de sobre ti? Y él dijo: Sí, yo lo sé; callad.” V. 3
La palabra hebrea “laqach”, que es traducida aquí como “quitará” es usa en el mismo sentido que Génesis 5:24. Se repite de nuevo en el verso 5. Las Escrituras dan detalles de cómo Elías fue rapto al tercer cielo.
“ Y aconteció que yendo ellos y hablando, he aquí un carro de fuego con caballos de fuego apartó a los dos; y Elías subió al cielo en un torbellino.” V. 11
“Subió” la palabra Hebrea indica “subir, ascender, ir hacia arriba”. Elías fue arrebatado en un “torbellino” de la palabra hebrea “se’ârâh”, que significa “tempestad, tormenta, y torbellino”. Dios permitió a Elíseo el poder ver este evento a través del uso del don de “discernimiento de espíritu”.
- Tercer rapto se enseña en las Escrituras:
Jesús ascendió al cielo para ofreció su sangre y para sellar el pacto y regresó el mismo día.
“Cuando había dicho esto, se volvió, y vio a Jesús que estaba allí; mas no sabía que era Jesús. Jesús le dijo: Mujer, ¿por qué lloras? ¿A quién buscas? Ella, pensando que era el hortelano, le dijo: Señor, si tú lo has llevado, dime dónde lo has puesto, y yo lo llevaré. Jesús le dijo: !!María! Volviéndose ella, le dijo: !!Raboni! (que quiere decir, Maestro). Jesús le dijo: No me toques, porque aún no he subido a mi Padre; mas ve a mis hermanos, y diles: Subo a mi Padre y a vuestro Padre, a mi Dios y a vuestro Dios. Fue entonces María Magdalena para dar a los discípulos las nuevas de que había visto al Señor, y que él le había dicho estas cosas. Cuando llegó la noche de aquel mismo día, el primero de la semana, estando las puertas cerradas en el lugar donde los discípulos estaban reunidos por miedo de los judíos, vino Jesús, y puesto en medio, les dijo: Paz a vosotros. Y cuando les hubo dicho esto, les mostró las manos y el costado. Y los discípulos se regocijaron viendo al Señor”. Juan 20: 14-20.
En el verso 17 expresa que Jesús después de que fue resucitado de los muertos, él fue trasladado al tercer cielo para ofrecer su propia sangre por nuestros pecados el mismo día que el se le apareció a los discípulos el primer día de la semana.
“Jesús le dijo: No me toques, porque aún no he subido a mi Padre.” V. 17
¿Por qué María Magdalena no podía tocar a Jesús? Cuando Jesús resucitó de la muerte, se levantó como nuestro “Sumo Sacerdote”, el cual no podría ser tocado por ninguna persona antes de ofrecer la sangre. De hecho, los rituales de consagración y purificación de los sumos sacerdotes se extendían durante toda la semana anterior al día de la expiación. Éxodo 28, 29; Levítico 8
El lugar santísimo estaba separado por un velo (el velo del templo se rasgó en dos, de arriba abajo. Mat. 27:51), y nadie le era permitió entrar, excepto el Sumo Sacerdote una vez al año en Yom Kipur (el día de la expiación), para ofrecer la sangre del sacrificio y el incienso en la sección llamada” silla de misericordia”. Jesús es mencionado como nuestro sumo sacerdote en Heb. 2:17; 3:1; 4:14-15; 5:5-10; 6:20; 7:26-28; 8:1; 9:11, 25; 10:21; 13:11.
“Pero estando ya presente Cristo, sumo sacerdote de los bienes venideros, por el más amplio y más perfecto tabernáculo, no hecho de manos, es decir, no de esta creación, y no por sangre de machos cabríos ni de becerros, sino por su propia sangre, entró una vez para siempre en el Lugar Santísimo, habiendo obtenido eterna redención. Heb. 9:11-12
Después de que Jesús habló a María Magdalena, Jesús como nuestro sumo sacerdote fue al Lugar Santísimo en el templo en el cielo y regresó el mismo día como se afirma en el pasaje anterior y en el siguiente pasaje:
“Cuando llegó la noche de aquel mismo día, el primero de la semana, estando las puertas cerradas en el lugar donde los discípulos estaban reunidos por miedo de los judíos, vino Jesús, y puesto en medio, les dijo: Paz a vosotros.” Juan 20:19
- Cuarto rapto enseñado en las Escrituras:
El traslado de la “cautividad”, donde los santos o justos fueron después de morir; también conocido como ” el seno de Abraham” en la historia contada por Jesús en Lucas 16: 19-31. Después de la resurrección de Jesús y su ascensión al tercer cielo, Jesús se llevo la cautividad con él y todos los santos que estaban allí fueron movidos al “Paraíso”, que ahora esta ubicado en el tercer cielo. Observe lo que Pablo dijo en los siguientes pasajes:
“Conozco a un hombre en Cristo, que hace catorce años (si en el cuerpo, no lo sé; si fuera del cuerpo, no lo sé; Dios lo sabe) fue arrebatado hasta el tercer cielo.” 2 Cor. 12:2
Note el lenguaje usado en el próximo pasaje;
“que fue arrebatado al paraíso, donde oyó palabras inefables que no le es dado al hombre expresar.” 2 Cor. 12:4. El lugar donde la cautividad estaba quedo vacío.
Todos los santos del Antiguo Testamento fueron raptados o trasladados al tercer cielo cuando Jesús se los llevó.
“Por lo cual dice: Subiendo a lo alto, llevó cautiva la cautividad, Y dio dones a los hombres.” Efesios 4:8
El seno de Abraham es ahora un espacio vacío en el centro de la tierra y es un recordatorio para los que están en el infierno que el justo está en un lugar mejor. Es una separación entre los malvados y los justos por la eternidad.
“Los malos serán trasladados al Seol, Todas las gentes que se olvidan de Dios..” Salmo 9:17
“Pues de aquí a poco no existirá el malo; Observarás su lugar, y no estará allí.” Salmo 37:10
“Y el mundo pasa, y sus deseos; pero el que hace la voluntad de Dios permanece para siempre.” 1 Juan 2:17
“El Espíritu de Jehová el Señor está sobre mí, porque me ungió Jehová; me ha enviado a predicar buenas nuevas a los abatidos, a vendar a los quebrantados de corazón, a publicar libertad a los cautivos, y a los presos apertura de la cárcel.” Isaías 61:1
Jesús vino no solo a libertar del pecado pero también de la cautividad donde los santos iba después de partir de este mundo como profetizo Isaías en el pasaje anteriormente mencionado. Esto es confirmado por el escritor del libro a los Hebreos en el capitulo 2 versos 14-15:
“Así que, por cuanto los hijos participaron de carne y sangre, él también participó de lo mismo, para destruir por medio de la muerte al que tenía el imperio de la muerte, esto es, al diablo, y librar (libertar) a todos los que por el temor de la muerte estaban durante toda la vida sujetos a servidumbre.”
- Quinto rapto enseñado en las Escrituras:
La ascensión de Jesús al cielo en una nube literal después de los cuarenta días que permaneció en la tierra después de su resurrección.
“a quienes también, después de haber padecido, se presentó vivo con muchas pruebas indubitables, apareciéndoseles durante cuarenta días y hablándoles acerca del reino de Dios.” Hechos 1:3
Observe la misma declaración en los siguientes pasajes:
“Y habiendo dicho estas cosas, viéndolo ellos, fue alzado, y le recibió una nube que le ocultó de sus ojos.” Hechos 1:9
“Y el Señor, después que les habló, fue recibido arriba en el cielo, y se sentó a la diestra de Dios..” Marcos 16:19
“Y aconteció que bendiciéndolos, se separó de ellos, y fue llevado arriba al cielo.” Lucas 24:51
- Sexto rapto enseñado en las Escrituras:
Pablo fue arrebatado al tercer cielo.
“Conozco a un hombre en Cristo, que hace catorce años (si en el cuerpo, no lo sé; si fuera del cuerpo, no lo sé; Dios lo sabe) fue arrebatado hasta el tercer cielo.” 2 Cor. 12:2
El verso usa la palabra “arrebatado”, la cual es traducida del griego “harpazo” y que significa “arrebatar”, “asir repentino y donde hay el uso de fuerza”. La misma palabra se usa en 1 Tes. 4:17 relacionada con el rapto de la iglesia y en Hechos 8:39;
“Cuando subieron del agua, el Espíritu del Señor arrebató a Felipe; y el eunuco no le vio más, y siguió gozoso su camino.”
- Séptimo rapto enseñado en las Escrituras:
El rapto de la iglesia, el cual es el arrebatamiento general que todos estamos esperando. 1 Tesalonicenses 4: 13-18
“Luego nosotros los que vivimos, los que hayamos quedado, seremos arrebatados juntamente con ellos en las nubes para recibir al Señor en el aire, y así estaremos siempre con el Señor.” 1 Tes. 4:17
“Pero cada uno en su debido orden: Cristo, las primicias; luego los que son de Cristo, en su venida.” 1 Cor. 15:23
“He aquí, os digo un misterio: No todos dormiremos; pero todos seremos transformados, en un momento, en un abrir y cerrar de ojos, a la final trompeta; porque se tocará la trompeta, y los muertos serán resucitados incorruptibles, y nosotros seremos transformados. Porque es necesario que esto corruptible se vista de incorrupción, y esto mortal se vista de inmortalidad. Y cuando esto corruptible se haya vestido de incorrupción, y esto mortal se haya vestido de inmortalidad, entonces se cumplirá la palabra que está escrita: Sorbida es la muerte en victoria.” 1 Cor. 15:51-54
Todos los santos del Antiguo Testamento están envueltos en la resurrección de sus cuerpos.
- Octavo rapto enseñado en las Escrituras:
Los dos testigos de Apocalipsis 11 serán raptados al tercer cielo después de la resurrección de sus cuerpos como esta descrito en Apoc. 11:3-12
“Y oyeron una gran voz del cielo, que les decía: Subid acá. Y subieron al cielo en una nube; y sus enemigos los vieron. V. 12
Los dos testigos de Apoc. 11:3-12 son Enoc y Elías , quienes no han muerto físicamente ya que están viviendo en el tercer cielo desde que fueron raptados.
“Y daré a mis dos testigos que profeticen por mil doscientos sesenta días, vestidos de cilicio. Estos testigos son los dos olivos, y los dos candeleros que están en pie delante del Dios de la tierra. Si alguno quiere dañarlos, sale fuego de la boca de ellos, y devora a sus enemigos; y si alguno quiere hacerles daño, debe morir él de la misma manera. Estos tienen poder para cerrar el cielo, a fin de que no llueva en los días de su profecía; y tienen poder sobre las aguas para convertirlas en sangre, y para herir la tierra con toda plaga, cuantas veces quieran. Cuando hayan acabado su testimonio, la bestia que sube del abismo hará guerra contra ellos, y los vencerá y los matará. Y sus cadáveres estarán en la plaza de la grande ciudad que en sentido espiritual se llama Sodoma y Egipto, donde también nuestro Señor fue crucificado. Y los de los pueblos, tribus, lenguas y naciones verán sus cadáveres por tres días y medio, y no permitirán que sean sepultados. Y los moradores de la tierra se regocijarán sobre ellos y se alegrarán, y se enviarán regalos unos a otros; porque estos dos profetas habían atormentado a los moradores de la tierra. Pero después de tres días y medio entró en ellos el espíritu de vida enviado por Dios, y se levantaron sobre sus pies, y cayó gran temor sobre los que los vieron. Y oyeron una gran voz del cielo, que les decía: Subid acá. Y subieron al cielo en una nube; y sus enemigos los vieron.” Rev. 11:3-12
Estos pasajes son el contexto de la identidad de los dos testigos de Apocalipsis 11.
“Hablé más, y le dije: ¿Qué significan estos dos olivos a la derecha del candelabro y a su izquierda? Hablé aún de nuevo, y le dije: ¿Qué significan las dos ramas de olivo que por medio de dos tubos de oro vierten de sí aceite como oro? Y me respondió diciendo: ¿No sabes qué es esto? Y dije: Señor mío, no. Y él dijo: Estos son los dos ungidos que están delante del Señor de toda la tierra.” Zacarías 4:11-14
“He aquí, yo os envío el profeta Elías, antes que venga el día de Jehová, grande y terrible. El hará volver el corazón de los padres hacia los hijos, y el corazón de los hijos hacia los padres, no sea que yo venga y hiera la tierra con maldición.” Mal. 4:5-6
Enoc y Elías fueron raptados anteriormente hasta el tercer cielo (Gen. 5:24; Heb. 11:5; 2 Reyes 2:11)volverán a experimentar otro rapto (Apoc. 11:12), pero la diferencia es que en el último rapto de ellos sus cuerpo serán glorificados. Observe la ley establecida en Hebreos 9:27;
“Y de la manera que está establecido para los hombres que mueran una sola vez, y después de esto el juicio.”
Ambos están viviendo en el tercer cielo con sus cuerpos naturales y retornaran a la tierra con el propósito de reconciliar a Israel nuevamente con Dios, después que Israel huya de Judea, cumpliendo así la palabra profética anunciada por Jesús en Mat. 24:15-16;
“Por tanto, cuando veáis en el lugar santo la abominación desoladora de que habló el profeta Daniel (el que lee, entienda), entonces los que estén en Judea, huyan a los montes.”
- Noveno rapto enseñado en las Escrituras:
Los 144,000 Judíos que fueron sellados por un ángel (Apoc.7:2) en los primeros tres años y medio de la profecía del profeta Daniel. Dan. 9:27. Estos 144,000 no son la religión “los testigos de Jehová” como ellos dicen. Esta enseñanza es una falacia. Estos 144,000 son JUDÍOS y No GENTILES o paganos como lo expresa directamente el mismo contexto del pasaje;
“Y oí el número de los sellados: ciento cuarenta y cuatro mil sellados DE TODAS LAS TRIBUS DE ISRAEL.” Rev. 7:4
A los ángeles que derramaban los juicios se le dijo;
“Vi también a otro ángel que subía de donde sale el sol, y tenía EL SELLO DEL DIOS VIVO; y clamó a gran voz a los cuatro ángeles, a quienes se les había dado el poder de hacer daño a la tierra y al mar, diciendo: No hagáis daño a la tierra, ni al mar, ni a los árboles, hasta que hayamos sellado en sus frentes a los siervos de nuestro Dios.” Apoc. 7:2-3
¿Qué es lo que mantiene a estos 144.000 judíos de ser dañados por los juicios? ¿Es acaso guardar el sábado como dicen los testigos de Jehová? Esta idea es totalmente falsa y es simplemente una falacia más. Lo que mantener a estos 144.000 judíos de ser dañados es el hecho de que ellos están “Sellados” como dice el pasaje bíblico; “sellados a los siervos de nuestro Dios en sus frentes.” Apoc. 7: 3. Así de sencillo es la respuesta.
Estos 144,00 judíos serán arrebatados (raptados) como “el hijo varón” como esta expresado en el siguiente texto:
“Y ella (la nación de Israel) dio a luz un hijo varón, que regirá con vara de hierro a todas las naciones; y su hijo fue arrebatado para Dios y para su trono.” Apoc. 12:5
¿Cómo llegamos a la conclusión de que los 144,000 judíos son representados por el “hijo varón”? De acuerdo a 1 Cor. 10:32 existen 3 grupos étnicos con los cuales Dios trata:
“No seáis tropiezo ni a judíos, ni a gentiles, ni a la iglesia de Dios”
La iglesia fue raptada para el momento cuando el periodo de gran tribulación comience, dejando solamente dos grupos étnicos; Los Judíos y Los Gentiles. Los gentiles son los que perseguirán a los judíos, por esa razón ellos no pueden ser “el hijo varón” de Apoc. 12:5. Los únicos que restan son los judíos, cuya identidad es confirmada en el contexto del pasaje en Apoc. 12:1;
“Apareció en el cielo una gran señal: una mujer vestida del sol, con la luna debajo de sus pies, y sobre su cabeza una corona de doce estrellas.”
Esta mujer representa la nación de Israel. Note lo que el siguiente verso dice:
“Y estando encinta (la nación de Israel), clamaba con dolores de parto, en la angustia del alumbramiento.” V. 2
Repitiendo el verso de Apoc. 12:5:
“Y ella (Israel) dio a luz un hijo varón, que regirá con vara de hierro a todas las naciones; y su hijo fue arrebatado para Dios y para su trono. “
- Décimo rapto enseñado en las Escrituras:
La gran multitud de santos que fue salvos en la gran tribulación después del rapto de la iglesia.
“Cuando abrió el quinto sello, vi bajo el altar las almas de los que habían sido muertos por causa de la palabra de Dios y por el testimonio que tenían. Y clamaban a gran voz, diciendo: ¿Hasta cuándo, Señor, santo y verdadero, no juzgas y vengas nuestra sangre en los que moran en la tierra? Y se les dieron vestiduras blancas, y se les dijo que descansasen todavía un poco de tiempo, hasta que se completara el número de sus consiervos y sus hermanos, que también habían de ser muertos como ellos.” Apoc. 6:9-11
“Después de esto miré, y he aquí una gran multitud, la cual nadie podía contar, de todas naciones y tribus y pueblos y lenguas, que estaban delante del trono y en la presencia del Cordero, vestidos de ropas blancas, y con palmas en las manos; y clamaban a gran voz, diciendo: La salvación pertenece a nuestro Dios que está sentado en el trono, y al Cordero. Y todos los ángeles estaban en pie alrededor del trono, y de los ancianos y de los cuatro seres vivientes; y se postraron sobre sus rostros delante del trono, y adoraron a Dios, diciendo: Amén. La bendición y la gloria y la sabiduría y la acción de gracias y la honra y el poder y la fortaleza, sean a nuestro Dios por los siglos de los siglos. Amén. Entonces uno de los ancianos habló, diciéndome: Estos que están vestidos de ropas blancas, ¿quiénes son, y de dónde han venido? Yo le dije: Señor, tú lo sabes. Y él me dijo: Estos son los que han salido de la gran tribulación, y han lavado sus ropas, y las han emblanquecido en la sangre del Cordero. Por esto están delante del trono de Dios, y le sirven día y noche en su templo; y el que está sentado sobre el trono extenderá su tabernáculo sobre ellos. Ya no tendrán hambre ni sed, y el sol no caerá más sobre ellos, ni calor alguno; porque el Cordero que está en medio del trono los pastoreará, y los guiará a fuentes de aguas de vida; y Dios enjugará toda lágrima de los ojos de ellos.” Apoc. 7:9-17
“Vi también como un mar de vidrio mezclado con fuego; y a los que habían alcanzado la victoria sobre la bestia y su imagen, y su marca y el número de su nombre, en pie sobre el mar de vidrio, con las arpas de Dios. Y cantan el cántico de Moisés siervo de Dios, y el cántico del Cordero, diciendo: Grandes y maravillosas son tus obras, Señor Dios Todopoderoso; justos y verdaderos son tus caminos, Rey de los santos. ¿Quién no te temerá, oh Señor, y glorificará tu nombre? pues sólo tú eres santo; por lo cual todas las naciones vendrán y te adorarán, porque tus juicios se han manifestado.” Apoc. 15:2-4
“Y vi tronos, y se sentaron sobre ellos los que recibieron facultad de juzgar; y vi las almas de los decapitados por causa del testimonio de Jesús y por la palabra de Dios, los que no habían adorado a la bestia ni a su imagen, y que no recibieron la marca en sus frentes ni en sus manos; y vivieron y reinaron con Cristo mil años. Pero los otros muertos no volvieron a vivir hasta que se cumplieron mil años. Esta es la primera resurrección. Bienaventurado y santo el que tiene parte en la primera resurrección; la segunda muerte no tiene potestad sobre éstos, sino que serán sacerdotes de Dios y de Cristo, y reinarán con él mil años.” Rev. 20:4-6
Que nuestro Dios imparta Fortaleza a ti y a los tuyos!
THE LIVING WORD CENTER, INC.
Rev. Jay Werman, Director
Text based: 1 Th. 4:13-18
“13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”
How many “raptures” are taught in the Scriptures?
There are ten different raptures taught in the entire Scriptures. we will specify each with their respective scriptures.
- First rapture taught in the Scriptures:
“Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters: And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years: And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.” Gen. 5:22-24
The Hebrew word used for “God Took him” is “lâqach”, which mean as follow: “to take, get, fetch, lay hold of, seize, receive, acquire, buy, bring, marry, take a wife, snatch, take away”. The Greek word used in the passage below expanded the meaning in Gen. 5:24. In other words, both passages compliment each other to express the event that took place. The Hebrew word is used 975 times in the Old Testament
“By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.” Heb. 11:5
The Greek word used for “Translated” is “metatithēmi”, which mean “to transfer, that is, (literally) transport, (by implication) exchange, (reflexively) change sides, or (figuratively) pervert: – carry over, change, remove, translate, turn.” Enoch was transported literally to the third heaven.
- Second rapture taught in the Scriptures:
Elijah was translated into the third heaven. 2 kings 2:11-12.
“And the sons of the prophets that were at Bethel came forth to Elisha, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Lord will take away thy master from thy head to day? And he said, Yea, I know it; hold ye your peace.” V. 3
The Hebrew word “lâqach”, which translated here as “take away” is used in the same sense as Gen. 5:24. It’s repeated again in verse 5. The Scriptures gives details of how Elijah was rapture to the third heaven.
“And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.” V. 11
“went up” from the Hebrew meaning “to go up, ascend, climb”. Elijah was taken in a “whirlwind” from the Hebrew word “se‛ârâh”, which mean “tempest, storm, whirlwind”. God allowed Elisha to see this event by the use of “Spiritual discernment”.
- Third rapture taught in the Scriptures:
Jesus ascended to heaven to offer His blood and to sealed the covenant and came back the same day.
“And when she had thus said, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away. Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master. Jesus saith unto her, touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her. Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.” John 20:14-20
In verse 17 after Jesus was resurrected from the dead, he was translated to the third heaven to offer his own blood for us the day to appear to the disciples.
“Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father”. V. 17
Why Mary Magdalene couldn’t touch Jesus? When Jesus resurrected from the death, He rose as our “High Priest”, which couldn’t be touch by anyone before the offering of the blood. In fact, the consecration and purification rituals done by the high priest was extended for the entire week prior to the Day of Atonement. Exodus 28, 29; Leviticus 8. The Holy of Holies was divided by a veil (the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom. Mat. 27:51), and no one was allowed to enter except the High Priest, and even he could only enter once a year on Yom Kippur (the day of atonement), to offer the blood of sacrifice and incense before the mercy seat. Jesus is mentioned as our high priest in Heb. 2:17; 3:1; 4:14-15; 5:5-10; 6:20; 7:26-28; 8:1; 9:11, 25; 10:21; 13:11.
“But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.” Heb. 9:11-12
After Jesus spoke to Mary Magdalene, Jesus as our high priest went to the Holy of Holies in the temple in heaven and he came back the same day as it is stated in the above passage and in the below passage:
“Then THE SAME DAY at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.” John 20:19
- Fourth rapture taught in the Scriptures:
The translation of the “captivity” where the saints or righteous went after died; also known as “Abraham bosom” in the story told by Jesus in Luke 16:19-31. After Jesus resurrection and His ascension to the third heaven, Jesus took this place and all the saints along with it was moved to “Paradise”, which is located in the third heaven. Observe what Paul said in the following passages:
” I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.” 2 Cor. 12:2
Note the language used in the next passage;
“How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.” V. 4
The captivity underneath the earth is emptied. All the saints of The Old Testament were raptured or translated into the third heaven when Jesus took them.
“Wherefore he saith, when he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.” Ephesians 4:8
Abraham’s bosom is now an empty space in the center of the earth and it’s a reminder to those in hell that the righteous are in a better place. It’s a separation between the wicked and the righteous for eternity.
“The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.” Psalm 9:17
” For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.” Psalm 37:10
“And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.” 1 John 2:17
- Fifth rapture taught in the Scriptures:
The ascension of Jesus to heaven in a literal cloud after the forty days He remained on earth after His resurrection.
“To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God.” Acts 1:3
Noted the same statements in the following passages:
“And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.” Acts 1:9
“So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.” Mark 16:19
“And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven.” Luke 24:51
- Sixth rapture taught in the Scriptures:
Paul was translated to the third heaven.
” I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.” 2 Cor. 12:2
The passage used the word “Caught up”, which in Greek is “harpazō”, meaning “to snatch out or away”, “to seize, carry off by force”. The same word is used in 1 Th. 4:17 related to the rapture of the church and in Acts 8:39:
“And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.”
- Seventh rapture taught in the Scriptures:
The rapture of the church, which is the general rapture that we are all are waiting for. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
“For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.” 1 Th. 4:17
“But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at his coming.” 1 Cor. 15:23
“Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.” 1 Cor. 15:51-54
All the saints of the Old Testament are involved in the resurrection of theirs bodies.
- Eight rapture taught in the Scriptures:
The 2 witnesses of Rev. 11 will be translated to the third heaven after their resurrection as it is stated in Rev. 11:3-12
“And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.” Rev. 11:12
The two witnesses are Enoch and Elijah, who had not died because they are living in the third heaven since their raptured.
“And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth. And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed. These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will. And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them. And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves. And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth. And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.” Rev. 11:3-12
The context of the identity of these two witnesses:
“Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof? And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves? And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord. Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.” Zechariah 4:11-14
“Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord: And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.” Mal. 4:5-6
Enoch and Elijah were translated previously to the third heaven (Gen. 5:24; Heb. 11:5; 2 Kings 2:11) will experience a rapture again but the difference in the last one is that they will ascend to the third heaven with a glorified body. Observe the law established in Hebrew 9:27 says:
“And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.”
Both man are living in the third heaven with a natural body and they will come back to bring Israel back to God after they fleet from Judea, fulfilling the prophetic word given by Jesus in Mat. 24:15-16. After that they both will die and will be resuscitate from the dead with a glorify body.
- Ninth rapture taught in the Scriptures:
The 144,000 Jews sealed by an angel (Rev. 7:2) in the first three and a half years of Daniel’s prophecy. Dan. 9:27; Rev. 7:1-8. These are not “the Jehovah witness” religion as they teach. It’s just a fallacy. These are JEWS, NOT GENTILES as it is expressed in the following passage;
“And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of ALL THE TRIBES OF THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL.” Rev. 7:4
The judgment angels were told:
“And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having THE SEAL OF THE LIVING GOD: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants (144,000 Jews) of our God in their foreheads.” Rev. 7:2-3
What keep these 144,000 from being harm? is it keeping the Sabbath as the Jehovah witnesses says? This is false and just another fallacy. What keep these 144,000 Jews from being harm by the judgements is that they are “sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.” Rev. 7:3
They will be caught up as the man-child as it is expressed in the following passage:
“And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.” Rev. 12:5
How we identified these 144,000 Jews as the man-child? Well, according to 1 Cor. 10:32 there 3 ethnic groups:
“Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God.”
The church is already gone by the time the great tribulation period start and the two ethnic groups left are The Jews and The Gentiles. The gentiles are the one persecuting the Jews, so they cannot be identify as “the man-child”. The only one left is the Jews, which identity is confirmed in Rev. 12:1:
“And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars.”
This woman represents the nation of Israel. Noted what the following passages says:
“And she (Israel) being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.” V. 2
repeating the passage of Rev. 12:5 (compare with Isa. 66:7-8)
“And she (Israel) brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up (rapture) unto God, and to his throne.”
- Tenth rapture taught in the Scriptures:
The great multitude of tribulation saints who are saved after the rapture.
“And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.” Rev. 6:9-11
“After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb. And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God, Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen. And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. 16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.” Rev. 7:9-17
“And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints. Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.” Rev. 15:2-4
“And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.” Rev. 20:4-6
May our Lord give you strength according to His Holy Word!
THE LIVING WORD CENTER, INC.
Rev. Jay Werman, Director
Tema: “Las Estrategias Satánicas”.
Textos Base: Efesios 6:10-17.
“Por lo demás, hermanos míos, fortaleceos en el Señor, y en el poder de su fuerza. Vestíos de toda la armadura de Dios, para que podáis estar firmes contra las asechanzas del diablo. Porque no tenemos lucha contra sangre y carne, sino contra principados, contra potestades, contra los gobernadores de las tinieblas de este siglo, contra huestes espirituales de maldad en las regiones celestes. Por tanto, tomad toda la armadura de Dios, para que podáis resistir en el día malo, y habiendo acabado todo, estar firmes. Estad, pues, firmes, ceñidos vuestros lomos con la verdad, y vestidos con la coraza de justicia, y calzados los pies con el apresto del evangelio de la paz. Sobre todo, tomad el escudo de la fe, con que podáis apagar todos los dardos de fuego del maligno. Y tomad el yelmo de la salvación, y la espada del Espíritu, que es la palabra de Dios.”
En el verso 10 del libro de Efesios Pablo hace referencia al poder que hemos recibido, y que en completa armonía lo que Jesús mismo dijo en Hechos 1:8;
La palabra del texto original griego usada para “fortaleceos” es “endunamoo (verbo)”, que implica “Adquirir o aumentar en fuerza o fortaleza”. Es traducida en otros pasajes como sigue;
“Pero recibiréis poder cuando haya venido sobre vosotros el Espíritu Santo, y me seréis testigos en Jerusalén, en toda Judea, en Samaria y hasta lo último de la tierra.” Hechos 1:8
- Fortalece. Fil. 4:13; 1 Tim. 4:17.
- Habilitar o también fortalecer dentro de ese concepto. 1 Tim. 1:12.
- Ser fortalecido en Rom. 4:20; efes. 6:10; 2 Tim. 2:1; Heb. 11:34.
- Aumentar o incrementar fuerzas en Hechos 9:22.
Otros pasajes paralelos con efesios 6:10-20 que también describen las batallas espirituales que confrontamos:
“Aunque andamos en la carne, no militamos según la carne, 4 porque las armas de nuestra milicia no son carnales, sino poderosas en Dios para la destrucción de fortalezas, 5 derribando argumentos y toda altivez que se levanta contra el conocimiento de Dios, y llevando cautivo todo pensamiento a la obediencia a Cristo” 2 Cor. 10:3-5
Compare también con ; Romanos 6:1-8; Gálatas 5:13-26
1 Pedro 5:8;
“Sed sobrios, y velad; porque vuestro adversario el diablo, como león rugiente, anda alrededor buscando a quien devorar.”
Enemigos de los creyentes:
“Si el mundo os aborrece, sabed que a mí me ha aborrecido antes que a vosotros.” Juan 15:18
Compare también con Rom. 8:1-8; Gálatas 5:16-21; Sant. 4:7; 1 Ped. 5:8; Marc. 16:17.
En Efesios 6:11 hace referencia a 3 Bendiciones que se reciben al usar toda “La Armadura de Dios”.
- La habilidad de Parase y hacerle frente a todos los enemigos. Versos 11-14
- La habilidad o Poder de resistir todos los ataques. Verso 13
- La habilidad de Poder “apagar todos los dardos de fuego del diablo. V. 16
En efesios 6:12 encontramos 4 tipos de espíritus rebeldes que operan con Satanás.
“Porque no tenemos lucha contra sangre y carne, sino contra PRINCIPADOS, contra POTESTADES, contra los GOBERNADORES DE LAS TINIEBLAS DE ESTE SIGLO, contra HUESTES ESPIRITUALES DE MALDAD en las regiones celestes”
Definición de cada uno:
- PRINCIPADOS: del texto griego “Archas” y significa “Principados, Jefes que Gobiernan, o Seres de alta jerarquías en el reino satánico”. Efes. 6:12; 1:21; col. 2:10
- POTESTADES: del griego “Exousias” y significa; “Autoridades” y son aquellos que obtienen su poder de aquel que es el Jefe en gobierno, las potestades también ejecutan la voluntad de los principados”.
- Gobernadores de las tinieblas: del texto griego “Kosmokratopas”, son los que “Rigen el mundo de las tinieblas aquí en la tierra, o los espíritus que dictan y dominan en el mundo de las tinieblas”. Dan. 10:13-21; efes. 1:21; col. 1:16-18
- Huestes: del griego “pneumatika ponerias” y son aquellos que transmiten o transfieren influencias espirituales malignas”.
El objetivo principal de los poderes satánicos es la de destruir todo lo que representa y tiene que ver con Dios. Esta es la causa por la cual estos espíritus rebeldes odian al hombre; Ya que este fue creado a imagen y semejanza de Dios. El hombre pasa a reinar en la tierra en lugar de lucifer después que éste se rebeló. Isa. 14:12-14; Ezeq. 28:11-17
Lucifer fue creado sin pecado y caminaba perfecto en el camino de Dios hasta que se halló en él maldad (Ezeq. 28:11-17). El cayo de la presencia de Dios y fue lazado del cielo (Isa. 14:12-14; Luc. 10:18). El vino a ser pecaminoso y su destino eterno en el infierno y el lago de fuego. (Mat. 25:41; Apoc. 20:1-10). Cuando Satanás se revelo, se trajo consigo una tercera parte de los ángeles del cielo (Apoc. 12:3-12), y el destino de estos ángeles caídos es el infierno junto a Satanás (Mat. 25:41; Isa. 24:21). Muchos de estos ángeles caído cometieron una acción que los separo del resto de los demás ángeles caídos, tuvieron sexo con las hijas de los hombre para de esta manera procrear una generación de gigantes que impidiera el nacimiento de la simiente de la mujer, el cual le quitaría el dominio a Satanás sobre el hombre. Lea gen. 3:15; 6:1-4; 2 Ped. 2:4; Judas 6-7
Métodos usados por el diablo y sus demonios:
Los demonios cubren ciertas áreas del creyente para tratar destruirlo. Para hacer esto, ellos planifican un ataque, minuciosamente detallado. En este segmento cubriremos estos ataques;
Los demonios desarrollan sus ataques en 3 formas:
- Inspeccionan: Los espíritus inmundos revisan las acciones, confesiones, reacciones, sistema de vida, etc. del creyente y así tratar de romper la cobertura de protección que el creyente tiene. Este es el primer paso que los demonios dan para desarmar al creyente. Si los demonios haya el punto débil de la persona, avanzan al paso numero 2, todo ha de depender si el creyente le dio lugar al diablo. (efes. 4:27)
- Influencian: Este es el segundo paso de ataque, teniendo como objetivo todas las áreas débiles que los demonios encontraron en la inspección. La influencia es básicamente el ataque directo de los demonios hacia el creyente. Los elementos usados por los demonios para influenciar al creyente pueden ser:
- Elementos Humanos (Sexo,, drogas, poder, etc.)
- Elementos Espirituales (Brujerías, adivinación, Transferencia de espíritus usando a personas cercanas o conocidas, etc.)
- Objetos o Cosas (Posesiones, riquezas ilícitas, etc.)
- Invaden: El tercer paso es el control de ese creyente por los demonios. Control lleva al creyente a ser poseído por estos espíritus inmundos, si estos espíritus logran que el creyente muera espiritualmente nuevamente (Sant. 1:12-16; 1 juan 3:14-15; 5:16; Heb. 6:1-8; 10:26-39; Mat. 13:1-17). La vida eterna en el creyente esta condicionada a la obediencia a Dios y a la separación del pecado. Mientras el creyente tenga vida eterna, y el Espíritu santo morando en él, ningún demonio puede poseerlo, pero al morir espiritualmente a través de envolverse en el pecado, entonces es presa fácil de los demonios.
No se puede decir con exactitud el tiempo envuelto en el proceso que los demonios usan, esto ha de depender de la fuerza de voluntad, fuerza espiritual, sensibilidad a las cosas de Dios, etc. que el creyente tenga.
Métodos de Satanás:
Aunque Satanás es un ángel caído, sus habilidades, poderes, estrategias y métodos de ataques, son limitados. En Lucas 10:19 vemos como el señor hace referencia a las limitaciones de satanás y de sus poderes, y como el creyente tiene autoridad y poder sobre las artimañas del diablo. La Concordancia de Young (Young’s analytical concordance to the bible page. 765) traduce del griego la palabra “Fuerza del enemigo” “dunamis” como “poder o habilidad”. Las maneras en la cual satanás ataca son repetidas, él usa las misma formas y métodos todo el tiempo. En 1 juan 2:16 vemos las 3 puertas a través de las cuales satanás ataca a todo creyente.
Las cuales son;
- Los deseos de la Carne. Todo lo que envuelve la carne y sus apetitos. Gal. 5:19-21
- Los deseos de los ojos. – Deseos por mujeres, Hombres, o desear lo que no conviene. Mat. 5:28; Job 31:1
– ojos llenos de adulterio. Rom. 1:18-28
– todo lo desean. Ec. 2:10
– Idolatran. Ezeq. 6:9; 18:6-15
– Sale toda clase de maldad. Mat. 6:23; 7:22
- La vanagloria de la vida.
– Justicia propia. Job 32:1
– Orgullo. Lev. 26:19
– Acumular riquezas vanas. Salmo 39:6; Ezeq. 28:5
– Belleza vana. Ezeq. 28:12-17
– Fuerzas para pelear. 2 Cron. 26:16
– Satisfacción en sexo, placeres, y todas las vanidades de la vida. 1 Juan 2:15; Salmo 24:4; 36:2; isa. 3:16; Ec. 5:8-20
Estas son las 3 puertas que satanás usa para tentar a todo aquel que ha nacido de nuevo, con el fin de destruirlos.
Obras Presente de Satanás:
Las obras presente de Satanás están divididas en varias partes, pero la esencia y el propósito es el mismo; destruir todo lo que represente a Dios. Juan 10:10
- Pecado y rebelión: Gen. 3:2; 2 Cor. 11:3
- Obras de tinieblas: Incluyendo seducción moral y perversión sexual. Efes. 5:11; 6:12; hechos 26:18; Rom. 1
- Obras de Maldad: col. 1:21
- Ceguera espiritual: 2 Cor. 4:4
- Roba la palabra de Dios: Mat. 13:19
- Decepción y falsas religiones: 2 Cor. 11:14; 1 Tim. 4; Apoc. 12:9
- Mata y destruye: Juan 10:10
- Hace oposición al evangelio: Efes. 6:1-18
- Supervisa a los demonios: Juan 12:31
- Causa enfermedad: Mat. 4:23-24; 9:32-33; 15:22; hechos 10:38
- Hace a los hombres lunáticos: Mat. 4:23-245; 17:14-21; Marc. 5:1-18
- Produce el deseo de suicidio: Mat. 17:15; juan 10:10
- Mentira y falsas profecías: 1 reyes 22; Mat. 24:11,24; 2 Cor. 11:13-15
- Propaga Falsas doctrinas: 1 Tim. 4; 2 Tim. 4; 2 tes.2; Apoc. 13
- Oprime a los hombres: hechos 10:38
- Persigue a los cristianos y hace guerra en contra de los santos: Efes. 6:10-18; 1 Ped. 5:8-9
- Hace milagros para confundir a los hombres: 2 tes. 2:9
- Se aprovecha de las adversidades del hombre después que este peco para tenerlo cautivo: 2 Cor. 2:11; 1 Tim. 1:20; 5:11-15
- Impide y estorba las oraciones: dan. 10:12-21
- Satanás es el líder de todos los pecadores y traidores de toda la raza humana: 1 juan 3:8-10; 1 Tim. 5:15
- Estorba el evangelio: hechos 13:10; 1 Tes. 2:18
- Contiende con los mensajeros de Dios: Dan. 10:12-21; Judas 9
- Causa división y disensión: 1 Cor. 3:1-3; 1 Ped. 5:8
- Pone tropiezo para impedir la obra de Dios: Mateo 16:23
- Causa dudas e incredulidad: Gen. 3:4-5; Rom. 14:23
-Todas la obras de Satanás son el reflejo de su carácter y personalidad, es decir, perversa, mala, destructora, etc. Satanás no es un principio Malo, un error de la mente del hombre, un germen enfermo, un poder abstracto, o un ser con pezuñas, cuernos, cola, pies de oveja, con un cubierto grande en la mano. El es un ángel caído que esta utilizando las fuerzas y poderes que Dios le dio cuando lo creo (los Poderes son corrompidos y limitados), para destruir todo lo que representa a Dios.
Como probar los espíritus:
En 1 Juan 4:1-3 encontramos en respaldo bíblico para este tópico:
“Amados, no creáis a todo espíritu, sino probad los espíritus si son de Dios; porque muchos falsos profetas han salido por el mundo. En esto conoced el Espíritu de Dios: todo espíritu que confiesa que Jesucristo ha venido en carne, es de Dios; y todo espíritu que no confiesa que Jesucristo ha venido en carne, no es de Dios; y este es el espíritu del anticristo, el cual vosotros habéis oído que viene, y que ahora ya esta en el mundo.”
Del texto griego es la palabra “dokimazō” y se traduce como “Probar”. En 2 Cor. 13:5 es usada también esta palabra “dokimazo” usada como “examinaos”, aquí tiene que ver con “Probar mentalmente”. Son usados también en los siguiente pasajes; 1 Cor. 3:13; 1 tes. 2:4; 1 Ped. 1:7; 1 Jn. 4:1; Luc. 12:56; 14:19; Rom. 12:2; 2 Cor. 8:8,22; 13:5; Gal. 6:4; Efes. 5:10; 1 Tes. 5:21; 1 Tim. 3:10; Heb. 3:9; 1 Cor. 11:28; Rom. 2:18; 1 Cor. 16:3; Fil. 1:10; Rom. 1:28; 14:22; 1 Tes. 2:4. en cada uno de estos pasajes la palabra “probar”, “examinar”, “discernir”, etc. Debe ser interpretada de acuerdo al contexto en el cual la palabra es usada por el autor en el momento que fue inspirado por Dios para usar esa palabra especifica.
La razón por la cual se ordena probar los espíritus en 1 de Juan 4:1, es por causa de los falsos profetas.
Siete formas de probar los espíritus que hablan a través de los hombres:
- Sus confesiones de Jesús.1 Juan 4:2-3
- Sus relaciones con el Mundo. v.5; 1 Juan 2:15-17; Sant. 4:4
- Como ellos reciben el Cristianismo. v.6
- Cual actitud tiene desde que conocer los mandamientos de Dios. v.6; 1 Jn. 3:20-24; 14:15
- Si ellos aman a los hermanos. 1 Juan 4:7-21; 3:11-16; Juan 13:34-35; 15:12-15
- Aceptan y reconocen al Espíritu Santo. 1 Juan 4: 4-6
- Aceptan y profesan la genuina Palabra de Dios. v. 6; 1 Juan 5:10; 2 Tim. 3:16; 2 Cor. 4:4
Que el Dios de toda Sabiduría ilumine tu camino!!
By: Rev. Jay Werman
Text Based: 2 Kings 2:1-14
a) We will explain about stages of spiritual growth and how to identify myself in any of those levels.
b) How to grow and what are the elements involved in it.
c) How to grow in the inward man using the word of God.
d) What are the evidences of spiritual growth.
e) Principles established by God in his Word that produce changes in the inside and the outside.
f) The main point is to identify why I’m not growing in my inward man and how to correct it using what God had provided.
g) Most of our issues and problems come from the lock of spiritual growth.
In 2 Kings 2:1-14 we will draw a spiritual application based on the places where these two men of God were sent before one of them was taken to heaven. Let me make clear that when we study the scriptures and try to interpret a particular passage, it should be understood that there is only one interpretation, which is what the writer (inspired by God) of that particular book intended to reveal. The interpretation of that particular
passage may be “Literal or Allegorical”, depends on what God wanted to communicate to those whom He addressed. We can use or extract different applications from those verses but keep in mind that the application is limited to the context that surrounds it and you should never distort the biblical language to try to justify actions that compromise all principles and laws established by God.
Let’s apply what we had already mentioned and establish a parallel between the place where Elijah and Elisha went and the levels of spiritual growth.
There are 3 different locations in 2 Kings 2:2-7: “Bethel, Jericho and Jordan”. These 3 locations can be used (in a limited sense) as a reference to represent believer’s spiritual levels but it has to be within the biblical context of the passage.
Bethel: For example, represents the place of “the vision” in Genesis 35:1-15. Observe several key words in these verses:
“And God said unto Jacob, arise, go up to Bethel”. v. 1
“And he built there an altar, and called the place Elbethel: because there God appeared unto him, when he fled from the face of his brother”. v.7
El Bethel means “The God of the House of God”. Which was the place where God revealed Himself to Jacob. According to The Brown-Driver-Briggs’s dictionary
The stages of spiritual growth are as follow:
– First stage is Born Again (Beth-El). Here is where everything starts for us. God not only places his divine nature in us (John 3:15; 5:39; 6:54; 10:28; Rom. 6:23; Tit. 1:2; 1 John 5:13) but at the same time He placed his vision in our new spirit.
– The second stage is when we start to obey God’s word (Jericho) and rely our dependency on God more than our old way to deal with problems and issues. After we are born again, we must receive instructions (musar) about the new life we have received aligned with the word of God. Read Proverbs 1:2-8; 6:23; 8:10; 12:1; 13:18; 15:33; 19:27.
– The Hebrew word “musar” is used 50 times in the Old Testament and is
translated “correction (8), instruction (30), chastening (3), chastisement
(3), bond (1), chasteneth (1), check (1), discipline (1), doctrine (1),
rebuker (1) according to The Brown-Driver-Brigg’s dictionary.
– The Third stage is when we understand God’s purpose and we had surrendered to it (Jordan). As a born again Christians we are suppose to produce fruits that redounded to God’s glory. Mat 3:10; 7:17-19; 12:33; 13:8, 26; 21:19, 34; Mar 4:7-8, 29; 11:14; 12:2; Luke 1:42; 3:9; 6:43-44; 8:8; 13:6-7; 20:9-10; John 4:36; 12:24; 15:2; 15:4-5, 8, 16; Act 2:30, Rom 1:13; 6:21-22; 15:28, 1 Co 9:7; Gal 5:22; Eph 5:9, Phi 1:22; 4:17, Heb 12:11; 13:15, Jam 3:18; 5:7, 18; Rev 22:2
3 different places with 3 different meanings in 2 Kings 2:1-14
Explaining “Beth-El” as a Level of Spiritual Growth:
Beth-El represents the place where God gives us his vision (plan and purpose for us). At the moment when we received Jesus as our Lord and Savior, he placed a vision (purpose) in our spirit, which it will develop as we grow in the inward man. 1 Samuel 3:1 reveals a clear truth where it says:
“And the child Samuel ministered unto the LORD before Eli.
And the word of the LORD was precious in those days; there was no open vision”.
The manifestation and contact with Jehovah was sporadic at those days, which made it so precious. In this in mind, observe the verse 7 which says:
“Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD, neither was the Word of the LORD yet revealed unto him”.
2 things are exposed in those verses:
– Where the Word scares there’s no vision from God.
– In order to really know God, His Word has to be revealed by the Holy Spirit.
Note: “The Word of the Lord was precious in those days” means “because revelation, prophecies, visions, and contact with Jehovah was SCARCE and therefore valuable”.
Beth-El implies that we must let God’s Word to take over our lives so that we can comprehend the purpose of God for us. Paul wrote the following to the Corinthians “But we have the mind of Christ”. 1 Cor. 2:16. It basically means that “we know the plans and purposes of God for us”. And Jesus expressed the same line of thought when He said in Mat. 6:33 “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness”.
Beth-El is where we received a calling to work on a plan and purpose of God for our lives, which in the language of the biblical text means: we have received a vision from God. This is the first stage of the Christian life. God is expecting His children to grow in the inward man until we reach a maturity life. Ephesians 4:12-16.
In 1 Peter 2:1 we found 5 elements that will stop spiritual growth:
“Malice, guile, hypocrisies, envies, and evil speaking.”
Also in 1 Peter 2:2 it tells you how to grow in your inward man:
“As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the Word, that ye may grow thereby”.
The passage points out that the only way to grow spiritually is by taking the
unadulterated milk of the Word of God, which is “The pure doctrines of the gospel and line up with the new covenant in Christ”. In Mark 4:2 says “And he taught them many things by parables, and said unto them in his doctrine”. Only the doctrine of Jesus can “transform and change your life”. Compare James 1:21; Romans 12:2
By allowing and receiving the unadulterated word of God you will grow as follow:
1- In knowledge 2 Peter 3:18
2- Into Christ ion all things. Eph. 4:15
3- Into a holy temple. Eph. 2:21
4- Like a cedar of the Lebanon Ps. 92:12
5- Like calves in the stall. Mal. 4:2
6- In grace. 2 Peter 3:18
A “newborn baby” is a direct reference to the experience expressed by Jesus in John 3:1-10 and also in 2 Corinthians 5:17 where it expressed the fact that we are born again.
In Colossians 3:16 says:
“Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord”.
- “Let” implies that you have to “accept voluntarily”. In James 1:21 we see the same line of thoughts “receive with meekness” and in 1 Peter 2:2 says “desire”. Compare with Rev. 3:20 where the reference in there is to Christian churches.
- “Dwell” is used metaphorically to “dwell in one and influence him” (for good).
- “richly” means in the language of the text “metaphorically abounding, abundantly supplied; abounding (rich) in Christian virtues, gifts and eternal possessions. Jesus said in John 6:63 “It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life”. The Word of God is the “spiritual food” provided by God for which we will grow “unto a perfect man” (mature person) Eph. 4:13. Jesus said in John 4:32: “But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of. Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat? Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work”. We are born again and received God’s nature to do God’s will, and to accomplish what we are here for. There is nothing that will bring us more satisfaction than to do God’s purpose with us. This is one of the great principles established by God in His Word.
The second stage: is when we start to be obedient to God’s word (Jericho) and our dependency is on God more than our old way to deal with problems and issues.
“But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy
communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds”. (Col 3:8-9)
- But now ye (as well as all other true believers) also put off all these – All these which follow, as being also inconsistent with God’s calling.
- Anger, wrath – Eph 4:26. The two words appear together in Rom 2:8; Eph 4:31; Rev 16:19; Rev 19:15. The word rendered “anger” is rather chronic, that rendered “wrath” rather acute – an outburst.
- Malice – Eph 4:31. The Greek word sometimes bears the sense of evil, ill, in general; e.g. Mat_6:34. But in lists of vices (compare here Rom 1:29, Tit 3:3; 1Pet 2:1) it means what we mean by “malice.”—It is the vice which lies below anger and wrath, as a root or spring.
- Blasphemy – Mat 9:3. The word here seems to mean all injurious and calumnious speaking – whether against God or man.
- Filthy communication (which comes) out of your mouth – Lewd, indecent, and immodest discourse; Eph 4:29. The conversation of the pagan everywhere abounds with this and which, though it is applicable to all speech that is unsavory, unedifying, idle, and useless, and may be properly enough said of flattery, lying, cursing, and swearing; yet chiefly regards obscene language, unchaste words, and filthy talking, which tend to encourage and cherish the sin of uncleanness in any of its branches, flattery, lying, cursing, and swearing; yet chiefly regards obscene language, unchaste words, and filthy talking, which tend to encourage and cherish the sin of uncleanness in any of its branches.
This is the stage of our spiritual lives when “God shapes us to formed Christ in us”. Since we were born again and received a new spiritual nature, God started a “breaking through process” to remove all those things that are an obstacle and are holding you back. One thing you need to be aware of, is that the devil and his demons are your number one enemies and they will get in the way so that you get discourage and not accomplish the purpose of God in you. Paul spoke about the levels of maturity in 1 Corinthians 13:11;
“When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things”.
The Greek word used for a child is “ne pios”, which means “not speaking, that is, an infant (minor); figuratively a simple minded person, an immature Christian”, according to The Strong’s Hebrew and Greek dictionary.
“I thought as a child” Better as margin, I reasoned. The same Greek word is used here as in 1Co 13:5, ‘thinketh no evil.’
“when I became a man, I put away childish things”, Rather, since I have become a man, I have brought to an end the things of the child, referring, not so much to the act which put away these things, as to the fact that they had been put away finally and irrevocably.
We need to put away;
- Speaking like a child.
- Understanding like a child.
- Thought like a child.
Extracting the essence of what the apostle is saying in this passage, we must grow and leave behind all those things we’ve been dragging on before we were born again.
How do I put away those things? Growing in the inward man through the Word of God. The Greek word used for “put away” is “katargeo” and it means that “a superior and more complete stage will take over those that are put down”, in the same sense that adult hood replaced childhood. The whole point is that we must leave behind all the immature stages and move on to what is more excellent. Reading the context of this passage is clear the behavior of this believers.
At Gilgal (v.1-2) at Bethel (v.4) and Jericho (v.6) Elisha frankly told Elijah “I will not leave you”. After that, Elijah did not try to persuade him to stay at any place, indicating that he had merely tested Elisha.
The expression “The Lord hath sent me to” indicates that Elijah was just following in obedience the instructions of The Lord. Obedience has to be learned and it’s part of the process of spiritual growth. In Hebrew 5:8 says;
“Though he were a Son, yet learned he
obedience by the things which he suffered”
The third symbolical stage: is called “Jordan”. The word in Hebrew is “yardên” which means “a descender” or “One that descends”. It represents when we are submerged (figurative) into Christ and all our being (spirit, soul and body) is controlled by God through our spiritual growth (complete understanding of His will for us). This stage is a very slow process and it requires a spiritual understanding of how it works. In our last class I mentioned about how obscured was the definition of “Soul” in the O.T. because of the sinful nature of men. Eph 2:3; Rom. 6:23; Gal. 2:15. In the N.T. it is a totally different matter because now we had received a new nature through the price that our Lord Jesus paid for us. 2 Pet. 1:4. Our will, emotions, intellect, mind and reason are parts that conformed our soul. We must surrender all these areas to God in order to be in harmony with His plan and purpose for us. Observe what Jesus said in Mat. 16:24;
“Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me”.
Let’s explain the key words of this passage:
- “if any man will come after me” – it refers to accept Jesus as the One that had paid the price and because we believe it we are born again. John 3:3; 2 Cor. 5:17; 1 Pet. 1:23. Using a “Parallel” reference this stage represents “Beth-El”. All the benefits of the new pact in Christ are concentrated on individual decision and following certain conduction. Jn. 3:16; 1 Tim. 2:4; 2 Pet. 3:9; Rev. 22:17. God will never force or put pressure to obligate a person to do His will but rather He will persuade that person in love and kindness.
- “let him (the born again) deny himself” – the Greek word for “deny” is “aparneomai” which has the following definitions according to Thayer’s Greek dictionary:
1.1. to affirm that one has no acquaintance or connection with someone
1.2. to forget one’s self, lose sight of one’s self and one’s own interests
“Take up his cross, and follow me” This is an expression that had cause confusion not because is confusing but rather because of the misuse and misunderstanding of what the expression meant when the writer wrote it. The context plays a great significance in the extraction of the original meaning taught by Jesus in this case. Wrong doctrines and false teaching had been the result of the wrong use of this expression, which Jesus never meant to be used in such way. Some have even have teach incorrectly that term “cross” in the text means caring a “sickness or affliction”, that such of line of teaching violated God’s plan to redeem humanity from the cursed that came because of Adam’s transgressions. Read Rom 5:12; Gal. 3:13. When we use the term “cross” related to Jesus is means “The reason or purpose He came to accomplished” (read John 4:34; 6:38), in other words “the specific mission He came to do”. The term use related to a believer it has the same meaning but connected to the term “deny himself” which it means, “all your personal ambitions need to be put aside and let God be the first one in your heart”. “Take the cross” within the context of the text implies “to do the commission you have received from God”., which includes “His plan and purpose”. Observe that in Luke 9:23 is even more specific when it says; “and take up his cross daily, and follow me”.
After we are born again (Beth- El) we are instructed by the Word of God to follow Jesus footsteps in obedience (Jericho). Read Luke 9:62; John 14:15. Then we are heading toward our goal, which is “surrendering our will to God” (Jordan). Paul experienced it when he spoke in Galatians 2:20;
“I am crucified (my personal ambitions) with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me (to do God’s will): and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me”.
That should be the objective of every born again Christian, all our personal agendas, plans, ambitions, aspirations, etc. must be replace by God’s purpose in us. Jesus knew this when he faced a big decision in his earthy life just days before his crucifixion. We read in Luke 22:42;
“Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done”
“Remove” means “to lead aside from the right course or path, to carry away”. Jesus knew that the only way for Him to do His father’s will was by surrendering all to the One He trusted all his earthy life. In a figurative way Jesus needed to cross the “Jordan” and rely on God the Father. Read Heb. 5:7. And also He said in John 12:24;
“Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit”
If Jesus wouldn’t die at the cross He wouldn’t never die, because he never had experienced sin in his life and according to Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death;” But He came to put his own life to rescue the human race and restore everything. John 15:13. Jesus obtained the Victory not at the cross but rather at the garden of Gethsemane where He literally surrendered His will to the father’s will. The Jordan represents for us those moments when we must surrender to our lord all and rely on his perfect will. Every born again Christian will face with the decision whether to follow his/her own plans or to do God’s purpose. We won’t experience the fullness of God’s presence in us until we won’t let go and bury in the depth of the Jordan our own ambitions.
Only through spiritual growth we can reach a point where we can allow God to take control not only of plans and goals but our entire lives. It’s a process that might take years to accomplish it for some, others are not that privileged, no because they didn’t have the same opportunity but because the chose not to surrender to God’s perfect will.
One thing has to be clear, be belonging to God since the moment we received Jesus as our Lord and Savior. We are just partakers of the life of Christ and the remaining time we are on this earth has be live to reflect His power and glory.
Spiritual growth is the more critical part of our Christian lives and keeping people from growing in the inward man is one of the reasons why the devil had introduced false doctrines, fallacies, humanism, heresies, etc. since the church got corrupted and mixed up with pagans rituals (From the 300s when Constantine the Roman Emperor). We need to be diligent in acquiring the pure spiritual knowledge that comes by the revelation from The Holy Spirit as is described by Paul in Eph. 1:17-18 that says;
“That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints”. Read and compare to John 5:39; 14:26; 15:26.
In 2 Kings 2:1-14 we will draw a spiritual application based on the places where these two men of God were sent before one of them was taken to heaven. Let me make clear that when we study the scriptures and try to interpret a particular scripture, it should be clear that there is only one interpretation, which is what the writer (inspired by God) of that particular book intended it. The interpretation of that particular passage may be “Literal or Allegorical”, depends on what God wanted to communicate to those whom He addressed. We can use or extract different applications from those verses but keep in mind that the application is limited to the context that surround it and you should never distort the biblical language to try to justify actions that compromise all principles and laws established by God.
Let’s apply what we had already mentioned and establish a parallel between the place where Elijah and Elisha went and the levels of spiritual growth.
There is 3 different locations in 2 Kings 2:2-7; “Bethel, Jericho and Jordan”. These 3 locations can be used (limited) as a reference to represent believer’s spiritual levels but it have to be within the biblical context of the passage.
Bethel: For example represents the place of “the vision” in Genesis 35:1-15. Observe several key words in these verses:
“And God said unto Jacob, Arise, go up to Bethel”. v. 1
“And he built there an altar, and called the place Elbethel: because there God appeared unto him, when he fled from the face of his brother”. v.7
El Bethel = “The God of the House of God”. Which means; the place where God revealed Himself to Jacob. According to The Brown-Driver-Briggs’s dictionary.
The stages of spiritual growth is as follow:
1- Born Again (Beth-El): Here is where everything starts for us. God not only places his divine nature in us (john 3:15; 5:39; 6:54; 10:28; Rom. 6:23; Tit. 1:2; 1 John 5:13) but at the same time He placed his vision in our new spirit.
2- The second stage is when we starting to be obeying to God’s word (Jericho) and our dependency on God more than our old way to deal with problems and issues. After we are born again, we must receive instructions about the new life we have received align with the word of God. Read proverbs 1:2-8; 6:23; 8:10; 12:1; 13:18; 15:33; 19:27
The Hebrew word “musar” is used 50 times in the Old Testament and is translated:
“correction (8), instruction (30), chastening (3), chastisement (3), bond (1), chasteneth (1), check (1), discipline (1), doctrine (1), rebuker (1) according to The Brown-Driver-Brigg’s dictionary.
The Third stage is when we understand God’s purpose and we had surrendered to it (Jordan). As a born again Christians we are suppose to produce fruits that redounded to God’s glory. Mat 3:10; 7:17-19; 12:33; 13:8, 26; 21:19, 34; Mar 4:7-8, 29; 11:14; 12:2; Luke 1:42; 3:9; 6:43-44; 8:8; 13:6-7; 20:9-10; John 4:36; 12:24; 15:2; 15:4-5, 8, 16; Act 2:30, Rom 1:13; 6:21-22; 15:28, 1 Co 9:7; Gal 5:22; Eph 5:9, Phi 1:22; 4:17, Heb 12:11; 13:15, Jam 3:18; 5:7, 18; Rev 22:2
May our God keep blessing you and yours!
THE LIVING WORD CENTER, INC.
By Rev. Jay Werman
In-depth teaching of the ministries taught in the Scriptures.
The first thing we need to do is to extract the meaning of the word “ministry” according to Scriptural context.
Mat 20:26 “But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister”.
The Greek word used for minister is “diakonos”, which means has the following definitions:
- One who executes the commands of another, especially of a master, a servant, attendant, minister
- The servant of a king. Mt 22:13
- Servants of feasts. John 2:5-9
- A deacon, one who, by virtue of the office assigned to him by the church, cares for the poor and has
charge of and distributes the money collected for their use as it is described in Acts 6:5-6
- It is used of “preachers of the gospel”. 1 Cor 3:5; 2 Cor 3:6; 6:4; 11:23.
- “diakonos” is used in 2 Cor 11:15 in reference to “the ministers of satan”, which purpose is to forged,
deceive and to fake the true work of ministers of God.
Nowadays the concept of a “Minister” has been corrupted and no longer is used to “serve others” as it is meant
by Jesus in Mat 20:24-28. Any person called by God to do any specific work is with the purpose of “serving,”
whether ministering to God or to others.
The definition of “ministry” will be subject to the context in which it is used and by the calling that is upon
such ministry. Let’s explain first why Jesus brought up the concept of “minister” among the disciples and then
we can comprehend the usage of the word “minister” as used by Jesus according to Mat 20:24-28.
In Mat 20:20 “Then came to him the mother of Zebedee’s children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring
a certain thing of him”. The name of the mother of these 2 disciples is “Salome”. Compare Mat 27:56 with Mk 15:40.
Mat 20:21 “And he (Jesus) said unto her (Salome), What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my
two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom”. What she is asking is that
her 2 sons to be seated in the highest position in the Messiah’s millennial reign. Compare with Mk 10:35-37.
The Greek word used for “Kingdom” is “basileia”, which means “Having the right or authority to rule over a
Mat 20:22 “But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall
drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, we are able”. Jesus
taught complete against seeking to be the greatest, they should have known this before they asked. Compare
Mat 18:1-10; 20:16. Observe their answer “They say unto him, we are able”. Meaning they were willing to go
through anything for “honor and position”, as many still do today. Look at the attitude of Daniel when the
king offered gifts to him if Daniel was able to interpret the writing on the wall. Dan 5:17.
Mat 20:23 “And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I
am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them
for whom it is prepared of my Father.” This passage speaks about of some prerogatives that The Father have
and The Son doesn’t. Compare with Mk 13:32; John 8:28; Acts 1:7. Obviously, this must be understood under
the redemption plan of God to redeem humanity.
This particular request from Salome and her sons provoked Jesus to explain what is the right concept of being
the greatest in the kingdom of God. Anyone who calls himself “minister” and doesn’t have the attitude of
being a Servant, such person hasn’t comprehended the purpose of his calling. We need to find out what is
the real concept of being a “Minister of God” and follow it. There’s a lot of polluted and corrupted ministers,
whose purpose is to be served by others and being placed in the highest position. Such people have already
received their own reward. If we don’t use “spiritual discernment” in our lives and ministry, we will end up
on the same path them. Spiritual discernment will help you to distinguish what is the motivation that moves
others to do what they do. 1 John 4:1.
Now, notice what happens when the other 10 disciples find out about the request of Salome and her 2 sons.
Mat 20:24 “And when the ten heard it, they were moved with indignation against the two brethren”. The
carnal reactions of the disciples are very noticeable. Satan took advantage of this situation to divide the disciples.
But Jesus right away moved to correct the issue and established the right concept of what really means to be
Mat 20:25 “But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion
over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.”
- “The princes of the Gentiles”. Nations whose rulings are not aligned with God’s purpose. Pagan nations
which purpose to enslave others for their own gain.
- “Exercise dominion over them”. Which means “to hold others in subjection”. The term literally means
“To subjugate others by terrorizing and oppressing”. They are called Tyrant and oppressors. Just like the
Egyptians treated the nation of Israel when they were captives. Gen 15:12-14; Ex 1:7-14; Acts 7:18-19.
God will be the Supreme ruler of planet earth again, once all the enemies of God are defeated. 1 Cor 15:25
“For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet”.
Mat 20:26 “But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister.”
The idea expressed by Jesus is the opposite of what the pagans do. The principle here is that we must serve
others to be rewarded by God and not the other way around. If this principle is not the basis of a ministry,
then we are instead working under a pagan principle, as many still do today. Jesus even expanded this principle
in the next passage, which says;
Mat 20:27 “And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant.” The Greek word used for
“chief ” is “protos”, which means “First in time or place, first in rank and Principal or Honor”.
Mat 20:28 “Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a
ransom for many.” This is the perfect example of having the right motivation to serve others. Until this principle
is fully comprehended, we won’t achieve as church the purpose of our calling and ministry.
What is the definition of a calling? Let’s see what the Scriptures say:
Heb 3:1 “Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest
of our profession, Christ Jesus”.
The Greek word used for “partakers” is “metochos”, which means “sharing in, partaking or a partner (in a work, office, dignity)”. It is used in the same sense Heb 3:1; 14; 6:4; 12:8. Every born again Christian has a heavenly calling, the earthy Israel had an earthly calling and both are in a different covenant and ethnic group. 1 Cor 10:32. The heavenly calling means that there will be no restriction when ruling under God’s government. In fact, the expression “heavenly calling” Heb 3:1, implied “an invitation to embrace a heavenly calling”. That applied to everyone who had been born again and it is part of the body of Christ. Also, Heb 3:1 made a reference to:
- “Jesus heavenly calling” which made him better than Moses. Heb 3:1-6; Dt 18:15-19; John 1:17.
- Mentioned Jesus as “The Apostle” and a “High Priest”. Heb 3:1
- Php 3:12 “Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus”. “ Follow after” from the Greek means “to make to run or flee, put to flight, drive away”, from the Greek word “dioko”. It is related to a “full commandment to follow after; someone”.
- Php 3:13 “Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before”. 3 things are extracted from the text itself:
“This one thing I do”. V 13. Have a clear objective mind set.
“Forgetting those things which are behind”. V 13. “Forgetting” meaning, “no longer caring for it” why? New creature in Christ. 2 Cor 5:17
“No condemnation for those who are in Jesus Christ.” Rom 8:1.
- Php 3:14 “I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus”. “I press” comes from the Greek word “dioko” as “I follow” in V 12 and it has the same meaning.“Toward” means “through out” or “according to” from the word “kata”. “ The Mark” comes from the Greek word “skopos” which means “the distant mark looked at, the goal or end one has in view.” Used only in this passage. The prize” comes from the Greek word “brabeion” meaning “the award to the victor in the games, a prize.” It is used in the same sense in 2 Cor 9:24.
Rom 11:29 “For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance”.
The application of this passage can be used as follow:
– As relates to the gifts and calling of Israel as a nation, in which God will fulfill all his promises. Jos 21:45; 1 Chr 16:15; Jer 31:35-36; Ezek 36:22-23; Hosea 5:16; 6:1-2; Mat 24:35; Rom 4:21; 2 Tim 2:13; Heb 6:13-18 and James 1:17 says “The Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning”. God does not change!
– As relates to any person that has received a “gift or calling” from God, to do a specific work. If such person failed to follow that calling but repents and comes back to God with a sincere heart, God will restore him to the early stage. The Greek expression “without repentance” basically means “not repentant of or un-regretted”, which implies that “God doesn’t change his mind as if He made a error”.
Eph 4:4 “There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling”
It refers to “Unity in our calling” as it is expressed in the context of the passage.
“Ministerial gifts”. Definitions and functions of each one of them given to the church.
We will explain only the ministries that are based in the Scriptures and not any man made positions, which will produce nothing but losses, to be expanded upon further on this study.
Eph 4:11 “And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers”.
Here we have the 5 major ministries given to the church, which are aligned with the calling. We will define these 5 ministries and later the rest of them.
- The Apostle: From the Greek “apostolos”, which means “a delegate, messenger, one sent forth with orders”. Under the meaning of Scriptural text an apostle is “one that had been sent forth with a special abilities and powers to act and represent other”. Another complementary definition is “That one that has been sent is completely backed up and supported by the one who had sent him”. It basically means that the apostle counts with God support in every step of his mission and calling. The word “apostle” is used 81 times in the Scriptures. Observe what is it stated in Luke 6:13:
“And when it was day, he called unto him his disciples: and of them he chose twelve, whom also he named apostles”.
Compare with Mat 10:2, Mar 6:30, Luk 6:13; 9:10; 11:49; 17:5; 22:14; 24:10; Act 1:2, 26; 2:37, 43; 4:33, 36; 5:12, 18, 29, 34, 40; 6:6; 8:1, 14; 9:27; 11:1; 14:14; 15:2, 4, 6, 22-23; 16:4; Rom. 16:7; 1Co 4:9; 9:5; 12:28-29; 15:7, 9; 2Co 11:5,13; 12:11; Gal 1:17; Eph 2:19-20; 3:5; 4:11; 1Th 2:6; 2Pe 3:2; Jud 1:17; Rev 2:2; 18:20; 21:14.
“The high calling of God” implies the type of calling we have received as born again Christians. It is related to all Christians and not just a few people, as some teach today. The Greek word used for “calling” is “klesis” which means “of the divine invitation to embrace salvation of God” and it is used in Rom 11:29; 1 Cor 1:26; 1 Cor 7:20; Eph 1:18; 4:4; Php 3:14; 2 Th 1:11; 2 Tim 1:9; Heb 3:1; 2 Pet 1:10. and Eph. It is used as “vocation”.
– Responsibilities, roles and abilities of The Apostle:
Compare Mat. 10:10; 28:19-20; Mk. 3:14-15; 6:7-13; 16:15-20; Lk. 9:1-5; 24:47-53; Jn. 20:22-23; 21:15-19; Acts 1:4-8.
The apostle has the ability to perform in all 4 ministries mentioned in Eph 4:11. This in ONE OF THE SIGNS that prove that a person has an “apostle ministry”, because IT IS NOT A TITLE. That’s why we need to TEST THEM according to:
Rev 2:2 “…and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars”.
Many falsely used a title of “apostle” in the early church and many still do today but they were tested by using “Spiritual discernment”. 1 Cor 12:10, 1 Jn 4:1. Jesus said the following absolute truth:
Mat 7:16 “Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?”.
The principle applies to the ministerial gifts, which is “each tree will produce according to his kind” and Gen 1:11 expressed the same idea.
24 Apostles mentioned in the New Testament:
- Jesus Christ. Heb 3:1
- Simon Peter. Mat 10:2
- Andrew, the brother of Peter. Mat 10:2.
- John. Mat 10:2
- James. Mat 10:2.
- John and James are called “the sons of Zebedee”.
- Thomas. Mat 10:3
- Philip. Mat 10:3
- Bartholomew. Mat 10:3. Philip and Bartholomew were brothers.
- James. Lk 6:16
- Judas. Lk 6:16. James and Judas were “the sons of Alphaeus”.
- Matthew. Mk 2:14; Lk 6:15
- Simon Zelotes. Lk 6:15
- Judas Iscariots. Mat 10:4
- Barnabas. Acts 13:1-3; 14:4, 14; Gal 2:9; 1 Cor 9:5-6
- Andronicus. Rom 16:7
- Matthais. Acts 1:16
- Junia. Rom 16:7
- James. Gal 1:19; 2:9; Jas 1:1Timothy. 1 Th 1:1; 2:6
- Apollos. 1 Cor 4:6-9
- Silas. 1 Th 1:1; 2:6
- Titus. 2 Cor 8:23
- Paul. Gal 1:1; 2:8
- Epaphoditus. Php 2:25
– Evidence that confirm that someone is called to the apostle ministry:
Operates in all the ministries mentioned in Eph 4:11, which basically means that such person moves in the following ministerial areas:
- Preacher Ministry. Operates as a Ministry of evangelism by bringing people into Christ. Mat 11:1
- Teacher Ministry. Operates as a Ministry of teaching by forming people in Christ. Acts 5:42
- Prophet Ministry. Operates as a Ministry of the Prophet by acting and moving in the gifts given to that specific ministry. All the gifts of Revelations, which are the gifts that use to “reveal an event that is connect with past, present or the future”. These gifts will be defined and explained in detail when we study “The gifts of the Holy Spirit to the Body of Christ”. The apostle will “rise and teach” prophets by guiding, forming and instructing them in the use of these gifts.
- Pastoral Ministry. Operates as a Ministry of a Pastor by forming in different areas those that are called by God to execute this particular ministry.
Overall, The apostle has these abilities given by God to develop in a healthy way the Body of Christ.
Operates in ALL the ministerial gifts, All the gifts of the Holy Spirits as it is expressed in 1 Cor 12:8-10 and in the 7 ministries of the Holy Spirit given to the church. Isa 11:2. Nowadays this ministry had become a “fruitless” a title and position.
As we keep defining and explaining the others ministries, the responsibilities and commission of the ministry of the apostle are expanded with more details.
- The Prophet: From the Greek word “prophētēs” which means “one who, moved by the Spirit of God and it’s a channel and instrument.” Who solemnly declares to men what he has received by inspiration, especially concerning future events and in particular such as relate to the purpose of God. In the Scriptures there are 2 types of Prophets:
- Prophets that spoke God’s message: These prophets appeared in the Scriptures as “vessels of God” with a specific message. Prophets like Samuel Acts 21:10; Nathan 2 Sam 7:2; 12:25, Abraham is called a “prophet” Gen 20:7. Elijah and Elisha were in charge of “school of the prophets” mentioned in 1 Sam 10:5, 10-12; 19:20-24; 1 Kings 12:29; 13:1-32; 20:35; 2 Kings 2:2-15; 4:1, 38; 5:22; 6:1-7; 9:1. Judges 6:8-10; 1 Sam 22:5. John the Baptist Mat 11:1-13; 14:4; 21:26; Mk 11:32; Lk 20:6. Jesus is mentioned as “prophet” Mat. 21:11, 46; Lk 7:16; 24:19; Jn. 4:19; 7:40; 9:17; Agabus Acts 21:10, among others. “The inspiration gifts” through which God says something to the church. 1 Cor 12:10. We will define and explain each one of these gifts when we study the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- Prophets that wrote God’s message: Prophets that were inspired by God to write a divine prophetic message that will reveal God’s purpose for man. Prophets like Isaiah, Jeremiah, Samuel, Ezekiel, Daniel, David’s writings like Psalms and he is called a prophet Acts 2:30, Moses was called prophet. Dt 34:10. God inspired the Scriptures. 2 Tim 3:16, which basically means that the writers of the scriptures had a special influence upon them at the moment when we were writing the divine message.
Responsibilities, roles and abilities of The Prophet:
One thing we need to understand is that the role of the prophets in the Old Testament is different than the one in the New Testament. So, the focus of this section will apply to only to the prophet ministry
that is given to the body of Christ in Eph. 4:11. Why? Because of the extensive material of the subject.
The main role of the ministry of the prophet is to be a communicator of God message, which involve the use of the following gifts:
1 Cor 12:10 “To another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues”.
Anyone who claims to be a prophet and doesn’t have the manifestation of the gifts is an impostor or false prophet. The following list of characteristics that will will help you to identify false prophets:
- a. By the interior spiritual state: Mat 7:15-20
- b. By demonic power or influence: Mat 7:22; 24:24; Acts 8:9-13; 13:6-13; 16:16-24; 2 Th 2:8-12; Rev 13:1-18; 16:13-16; 19:20.
- c. By the type of fruit produced for their doctrinal teaching: Mat 7:15-20; 12:33-37; 15:1-9; 1 Tim 4:1-6; 6:3-5; 2 Tim 3:1-8; 4:1-4; 2 Pet. 2.
- d. By the outer behavior. Mat 5:20; 6:1-24; 7:15; 23:1-33; 2 Tim 3:5. Jesus warned us about this type of false prophets that will rise in the latter days:
Mat 24:11 “And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many”.
Mat 24:24 “For there shall arise false Christ, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect”. Compare with Micah 3:5
The lord rebuked the church of Pergamos for they allowed the influences of the doctrine of the Balaam the prophet, which put obstacles before Israel and to commit fornication. Rev 2:14; Num. 22, which can be compared with 2 Pet 2:15; Jud 1:11. This tells us that we have to search the Scriptures and compare any doctrine we hear or read if such is consistent with what God had said in His own word. Jn 5:39.
The prophet ministry has the responsibility to give God’s message with transparency and without pollution or corruption that the message might absorb while been given by the Holy Spirit. The apostle Paul spent one chapter of the first letter to the Corinthians to explain how the prophecy must be taken from The Holy Spirit and given to the church. 1 Cor 14.
– Evidence that confirm that someone is called to the prophet ministry:
» Operates in all “the inspiration and revelation gifts” mentioned in 1 Cor 12:8-10, which basically means that such person moves in the followings ministerial areas:
- Operate in “the inspiration gifts”, which are as follow: Prophecy, different kinds of tongues and interpretation of tongues. 1 Cor 12:10. Through these gifts God says something. 1 Cor 14:22
“Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe”.
- Operate in “the revelation gifts”, which are as follow: Word of wisdom, word of knowledge, and discerning spirits. 1 Cor 12:8-10. Through these gifts God reveals something Basic elements that follows any prophet messages, which will determent if such message comes from The Holy Spirit.
1 Cor 14:3 “But he (the prophet) that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort”.
The Holy Spirit does not inspire any prophecy out this context.
No man, nor organization, nor university can give a prophet ministry. The scriptures say about it that ONLY Jesus gives ministry.
Eph 4:11 “And he (Jesus) gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers”.
Any person that had received a position or title from man it is totally useless. 1 Cor 3:10-15
To be continue…
Victory Upon The Cross!
Biblical based: Mat. 27:4; MK. 15:28; Lk. 23:34; 2 Cor. 5:21; Gal. 3:13; 4:4.
God promised to restore humanity back to their original state, through the virginal birth a Jesus and to defeat Satan and his kingdom of darkness.
“And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.” Gen. 3:15
“Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.” Isa. 7:14
“Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil.” Heb. 2:14
In the book of Micah 5:1-2 speaks of God’s guarantee for the restoration of men and the Messiah’s first coming…”yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be the ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from old, from everlasting”. We must understand that God was the only one that could redeem (to buy back) humanity. That’s why He developed a plan of redemption from the very beginning. Gen. 3:15. Before we get in depths about Jesus dead, burial and resurrection, we need to comprehend what the prophecy of Micah said.
– The Messiah was prophesied to come from the tribe of Judah. V. 2; Gen. 49:10. It was fulfilled literally when Jesus was born. Mt. 1:1-18; Lk. 3:23-38; Heb. 7:14; Rev. 5:5.
– The person who was to be born from the tribe of Judah was to be God – An eternal being whose goings forth have been from old, to everlasting. Micah 5:1-2; Isa. 9:6-7; Jn. 1:1-3, 14; Heb. 1:8; Rev. 1:8; 2:8; 22:13. Jesus as man had a beginning, was begotten, and was brought into being, but as God, He had no beginning, was not begotten, and did not come to being. Read Acts 13:33. He always existed as God. Psalm 90:2; Jn. 1:1; Heb. 1:8. The prophecies relate to the birth of “The Son of God” are directly connected to the Humanity of Jesus, not to His deity. Psalm 2:7-8 refers to the birth and ministry of the Messiah, and it is also used by Paul in Acts 13:33. “Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee”. The expression “this day” refers to the day the Jesus was born of a virgin. Isa. 7:6-7. God became a father when Jesus was born of Mary. Mt. 1:20. Even more, in Jn. 1:14 says “the only begotten of the father”. Jesus always will be “the only begotten Son” of God. V. 14, 18; 3:16, 18; 1 Jn. 4:9. No man can ever be “begotten or born” in the same sense as Jesus was. Read Mt. 1:18-25; Lk. 1:34-35. All those who had received Jesus as Lord and Savior, had received a different type of sonship, which is based in “Adoption through Jesus” and not based under the same qualifications as Jesus came. John 10:1-2 expressed that only those who had entered through the door (being born) into the sheepfold (earth) but climberth up some other way (like satan did when he deceived Eve), the same is a “thief and a robber”. As the Son of God, He came to offer His blood in sacrifice for us. Jesus was born of a woman according to Gal. 4:4, which gave Him the right to operate in the earth. The angel told Mary…”and, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus.
“He shalt be great, and shalt be called The Son of The Highest: and the Lord God shalt give him the throne of his father David”. Lk. 1:31-32.
Let’s explain Philippians 2:6-7, which details Christ humiliation:
- “Who, being in the form of God”: The word for “being” used from the Greek language is “huparcho”, which is translated “being” v. 6. It implies “existing; subsisting”, Christ existed as “God” from all eternity. Compare Isa. 7:14; 9:6-7; Mic. 5:2; Jn. 1:1-2; Heb. 1:8; Rev. 1:8-11. “Form of God”; The Greek word is “Morphe”, which is used as “The outward form by which a person or thing strike the vision; the external appearance, or shape”. Is also used in Mk. 16:12 related to Jesus physical appearance. This part of the passage should read “Who, subsisting in the form of God (in which He had revealed to all celestial beings)”.
- “To be equal to God”: This settles the idea that some religions have about Jesus not being divine, or some others thinks that He was an angel. Jesus was 100% God and 100% man, unique in His class.
- “But made Himself of no reputation”: The word from the Greek is “Kenosis”, which is extracted from “Kenoo”. It means the following “to empty out, drain, make empty”. Applied to Christ indicated; He laid aside equality with or form of God. It basically means; “Jesus put aside all His powers, abilities, and attributes as God, when He came was born as man. He was still God but operating same as Adam when God created him. Jesus is the perfect example of how Adam walk before he betrayed God. Gen. 1:26-29. God gave him “dominion” over all the creation. Christ knew that Men were created with enough abilities to overcome satan’s attacks and He came to prove so. Jesus walked in His early ministry under the power of the Holy Spirit to do all the miracles, and never used His divine powers. He said, “…He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father”. Jn. 14:12. This passage states that Jesus didn’t used His divine abilities and attributes, otherwise how could he said that we can do the same works as he did and even greater? Its possible with the power of the Holy Spirit. Read acts 10:38; 1 Pet. 2:21. His divine nature, powers, abilities and attributes were still in Him but He never used them, especially to defeated satan and his kingdom of darkness. Mt. 12:28; Lk. 4:16-21; Jn. 8:28. The book of Hebrew stated that Jesus even learned obedience by the things he suffered. Heb. 4:14-16; 5:7-9.
In the book of Luke we found a passage that give us light of when Jesus started to get ready to fulfill His mission. We read in chapter 9:51 “ And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he steadfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem”. Closing one phase of his mission, which is his earthly ministry and focusing in accomplish his real mission for what he came; to taste death for all mankind so that all those who believe in his sacrifice will receive a new life. Read Mt. 20:28; Mk. 10:45; Gal. 1:4; 1 Tim. 2:4-6; Tit. 2:14; 1 Pet. 2:24; 3:18; Rev. 1:5. If we keep reading Lk. 9:51-53 Jesus was rejected by the Samaritans, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem. Later in the following passages the disciples wanted to retaliate against the Samaritans. Lk. 9:54-56.
Details related to the spiritual warfare that Jesus experienced in the Garden of Gethsemane:
Mat. 26:36-46; Mk. 14:32; Lk. 22:39; Jn. 18:1.
– The word Gethsemane means “the oil press”, and it was a favorite place of retirement when Christ was at Jerusalem. Lk. 22:39; Jn. 18:2.
– Jesus took these 3 disciples who had witnessed His transfiguration. Mt. 17:1-8; and now they witnessed His agony in the Garden. Lk. 22:44, 53.
– Mt. 26:39 expressed the spiritual warfare that Jesus went through. The idea in these passages is that the devil tried to kill Jesus before he could get to the cross, but God heard His prayer and saved him from death. Read Heb. 5:7; Lk. 22:43-44. If Satan could have succeeded in getting rid of Jesus from the time He was born to the cross, Satan could have defeated God’s plan of redemption. Jesus Needed to get to the cross to fulfill all the prophecies and to spoiled satan’s evil plan by triumphed over them. Col. 2:14-17; 1 Pet. 2:24.
– Mat. 26:42 refers to “the cup of death on the cross”.
– Mat. 26:45 the hour or period of time for Jesus to accomplish the redemption’s plan. Mk. 14:41; Lk. 22:14; Jn. 2:4; 7:30; 8:20; 12:23, 27; 13:1; 17:1.
In Mat. 26:1 Christ ended his public ministry to the people of Israel and being his period of sufferings. Also, in the same book of Matthew Christ announced his death and in each time a new detail is added. Mat. 16:21; 17:22; 20:17, 28.
God saw in the future Judas Iscariot betraying Jesus in Psalm 109. This Psalm contains 16 sins and 20 characteristics of the wicked man.
Death by crucifixion was one of the most cruel and shameful deaths that could be devised or conceived. It is supposed to have been invented by Semiramis, queen of Nimrod, who founded the Babylonian system of mysteries. Read Rev. 17:5. Crucifixion was a Roman practice inflicted only upon slaves and the worst criminals. The person was nailed to the cross, each hand extended to the utmost stretch. Then, the feet were nailed together, and then the cross was lifted and dropped into a hole with a violence thud (stomp, bang), which disjointed the whole body. The weight of the body hung on the nails through the hands and feet. A victim was left on the cross until physical pain and untold sufferings.
– Prophecies fulfilled at the cross in depth.
In the book of prophet Isaiah we found a chapter that breaks down in details the suffering of the incoming Messiah. God inspired the prophet to give us a glanced of what will happen at the cross. In chapter 53 we found 36 aspects of the suffering of Jesus at the cross.
Lets get into some of the key words in depth in Isaiah 53.
- Response, reaction and reception among his people. V. 1
- “For he shall grow up before him as tender plant, and as a root out of the dry ground”. Verse 2. In this passage the prophet speaks about “Jesus childhood before the Lord”, which was foresee by the prophet. Achieved and complete in Mt. 1:18-25; Lk. 2:1-51.
- “No form”. V. 2. From the Hebrew refers to “shape, outline, figure, form, appearance’, which in the context of the text implied “that sin had disfigured or deformed his beautiful appearance’.
- “Nor comeliness”. V. 2. From the Hebrew word “hadar”, which means “splendor, honor, majestic, glory, magnificence, excellency”. At the cross there was none of this but suffering for Jesus. After his defeated death, sin and satan, He has now more that anyone else, excluding the Father and the Holy Spirit. Eph. 1:20-23; Phil. 2:9-11; Col. 1:15-18; 1 Pet. 3:22. Read Jn. 17:5.
- “He is despised and rejected of men”. V. 3. Fulfilled in Jn. 1:10-11; 8:48; 10:20.
- “Man of sorrow”. V. 3. The word used from the Hebrew refers to physical and mental pain. Used in Exodus 3:7. He carried all our sorrows. V. 3-4.
- “And acquainted with grief “. The word grief should had been translated instead; “sickness, malady, anxiety, diseases, calamity”. Jesus took them all in his own body while hanging at the cross and became our replacement.
- “Surely he hath borne our griefs”. v. 4. The word “borne” from the Hebrew is “nasa” and it ‘s used 659 times in the O.T. the usage depend upon the context where it is used. “nasa” which means; “to lift, bear up, carry away, take, cast away, erase. The idea in here is that of one person taking the burden of another and placing it on himself, in the same sense as “carrying an infant; or as the flood lifted up the ark”. Psalm. 103: 12; Mt. 8:16-17; 1 Jn. 3:5.
- “We did esteem him stricken, smitten of God and afflicted”. V. 4. “Stricken” from Hebrew “naga”, meaning, “lay the hand upon, strike violently, bring down”, smite with plague. V. 4; Dt. 21:4. It’s used as “touch” with different endings 92 times. “Smitten” from the Hebrew word “nakah” meaning, “to strike, beat, kill, punish, slaughter, slay, smite, wound, and stripe. V. 4. Isa. 10:24; 11: 4; 50:6; Zech. 12:4; Mal. 4:6. For the sin of the people He was stricken. V. 8.
- “And with his stripe we are healed”. V. 5. The word “stripe” is extracted from the Hebrew word “chaburah” which means “black and blue mark, wound, stripe”. A scourge was a Roman implement for severe bodily punishment. The whole idea of scourging was to punish the criminals before execution and not to kill, although many passed out or died when they were tortured .flogging was permitted by the law up to 40 stripes. Dt. 25:3. But was reduced to 39 stripes. 2 Cor. 11:23-25. If the scourge used on Jesus had 12 thongs and he was hit even 39 times this would make 468 stripes in his body.
- “And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death”. V. 9. In the Amplified bible version reads as follow; “…and with the rich man in his death”. What rich man the prophet refers to? Most people think is Joseph of Arimathea that provided a tomb for the body of Jesus. But we found a reference in a story that Jesus told in the book of Luke. Let’s analyze and compare details in Luke 16:19-31:
Many believes that Jesus spoke in parables in Lk. 16:19-31, but in a parable you don’t use a real person’s name like Jesus did when he mentioned “Abraham”, which made it a real story. We find details about where the souls and spirits of people go after their body dies. Spiritual suffering, eternal punishment, conscience of the soul, etc. Jesus talked about a real place using 2 real persons in his real story. Besides detailing the state and condition of those that leave the physical state or body, Jesus has something in common with one of them. Not Lazarus since he was comforted in Abraham’s bosom and in the other hand the rich man was being tormented. Where is the connection of Isaiah 53:9 between the rich man and Jesus? That Jesus will go to the place where the rich man went after he died. Jesus went to be tormented because of our sins. 2 Cor. 5:21.
“For he hath MADE HIM to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.“
– Physical and Spiritual suffering of Jesus at the cross:
There are no doubts that the physical suffering of Jesus was behind anything we can possibly imagine, but the spiritual suffering is way more intense and deep. Physical pain reaches only the body but the spiritual pain or suffering not only affect the inward person (spirit, mind, emotions, and even sometimes the will) but the body as well. Read Prov. 15:13; 17:22. Acts 2:24 speak about “pains of death” which took over Jesus at the cross when He took all our sins. Mt. 26:28; Jn. 1:29; 1 Cor. 15:3; Gal. 1:4; 1 Pet. 2:24.
– Types in the Old Testament of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus:
– The Lamb without blemish. Exodus 12:3-6; Jn. 1:29; Acts. 2:23; Eph. 1:4; Tit. 1:2.
– The blood of the animals was a symbolism or representation of the blood of Jesus. The divine principle behind the symbolism was to express that without shedding of the blood there was no forgiveness. Compare Lev. 17:11; Heb. 9:22.
– All that symbols used in the O.T. with reference to the sacrifice of Jesus at the cross pointed to His body and His blood, which needed to be perfect in order for the sacrifice to be perfect. 1 Cor. 11:23-26; whole chapter 9 of the book of Hebrews.
– The O.T. was only a “shadow” of the realities of the benefits in the sacrifice in Christ. Heb. 10:1-4.
– Jonah was a type of Christ: 1)- Jesus approved the story of Jonah and the big whale. Jonah 1:17. 2)- When Jesus said. “For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the whales belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three in the heart of the earth”. In order for Jonah to be a type of Christ he needed die in the whale’s belly. In fact, Jonah chapter 2:2 says “And I said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the Lord, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice”. It used a very interesting word from the Hebrew for “Hell”, which is “Sheol” meaning “the unseen world, the place of departed souls, not the grave where the body goes at dead”. Remember Isaiah 53:9? Jesus went to the place where the Rich man went after dead. Jonah was not miraculously kept alive, he died when he was swallowed up and then he became a true type of death, burial and resurrection of Christ. The used of “as and so” of Mt. 12:40 require the death and resurrection of Jonah in the type. Also, The Hebrew word for the expression “three days” can be used in any part of the 3 days, but when the word “nights” is used with it the term can be only mean “3 literals days and 3 nights”. It has the same meaning in here as well as in Mt. 12:40 where Jesus emphasis the time and place where he will go after dying at the cross.
– Serpent lifted up by Moses in the wilderness. Symbolism of Christ at the cross taking our Sins. 2 Cor. 5:21. Jesus to be crucified in order to fulfill the prophecy and to redeem man. Lk. 24:26, 28; Acts 3:18; 17:3. Jn. 3:15 expressed the reason for Jesus died at the cross. Jn. 5:24.
– What happened in “The three days and three nights” prophesied in the O.T. and by Jesus himself?
At the cross Jesus took all our sins, diseases, plagues, sadness, all the cursed the come because of Adam’s transgression. Paul’s said in Galatians 3:13 “Christ hath redeemed us (all those who had received Him as Lord and savior) from the curse of the law (it’s expressed in Dt. 28: 15-68), being made curse for us: for it is written, Curse is every one that hangeth on a tree”. Dt. 21:23. The same day a criminal was executed he was removed from the earth. Dt. 21:22-23.
Jesus said in Mt. 12:40 that he will go to “the heart of the earth” for three days and three nights”. Jesus was dead for “3 full days and 3 full nights”. He was put in the grave Wednesday just before sunset and was resurrected at the end of Saturday at sunset. There’s no such thing as “Good Friday” which should be changed to “Good Wednesday”. No reference in the scriptures to sustain that Jesus was buried Friday at sunset. That would make Him in the grave only “one day and one night” proving Jesus words untrue. Mt. 12:40. The Sabbath mentioned in Jn. 19:31 was not the regular Sabbath observed by the Jews people, but instead was a special Sabbath of the feast. Lev. 23:6-11. Jesus was arrested Tuesday at sunset and crucified Wednesday before sunset. In Mark 15:25 said “and it was the third hour, and they crucified him”. Third hour meaning “9:00 a.m.” and died at six hours later at 3:00 p.m. at the exact time when the Passover lambs were to be sacrifice. Mt. 27:45; Lk. 23:44-45.
– What really happened at the cross?
Jesus fulfilled all the prophecies that were written by the prophets in the O.T.
Jesus mocked by the roman’s solders:
- The solders stripped Jesus’s clothes. Mt. 27:28.
- They clothed him in purple mocking Jesus kingship. Mk. 15:17.
- Crowned Jesus with thorns mocking his kingship.
- They salute Him in a sarcastic way as “King of the Jews”. What they didn’t realize is that one day every knee will bow down to him. Mk. 15:18-19; Phil 2:9-11.
- Spit upon Him. Mk. 15:19.
- Smote Jesus on the head with a reed (stick) mocking his kingly powers and authorities. Mk. 15:19.
- Bowed their knees mock worship. Mk. 15:19.
- Stripped Jesus again and put on his own clothes. Mk. 15:20
Note: The Crown of thorns was not part of the normal crucifixion ritual. Perhaps one of the roman solder (influenced by satan) brought branches from a wild hawthorn bush with long, sharp, hard thorns. The crown of thorns might have a basket shape like so that it will cover the entire scalp. The thorns penetrated the skin and were driven more and more deeper when Jesus was struck on the head with the reeds.
– Victory of Jesus over “The sin, death and satan’s kingdom of darkness:
- Explanation of Jn. 20:17. Jesus’s first ministry; “High Priest”.
- Explanation of Acts 2:23-32.
- Jesus conquest 2 things in Col. 2:15;
- Abolished and cancelled the law.
- Defeated the executors of the law. Col 2:15 expressed the “Public defeat of satan and his armies”. Acts 3:13-18; 5:28; 1 Jn. 3:8.
- Jesus defeat death. Rev. 1:18 says “I am he that liveth, and was dead; and behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death”. “I am” identified the person to be Christ. Acts 2:25-36; 1 Cor. 15:1-23; Col. 2:14-17; Eph. 2:14-15; Jn. 21:14. “Keys” signify “Power and Authority”. Compare. V. 18; 3:7; Mt. 16:19; 18:18; Isa. 22:22.
- Explanation of 1 Tim. 3:16
“And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was MANIFEST in the flesh, JUSTIFIED in the Spirit, SEEN of angels, PREACHED unto the Gentiles, BELIEVED on in the world, RECEIVED UP into glory.“
May our God keep blessing your life!
THE LIVING WORD CENTER, INC.
Rev. Jay Werman, Director
Topic: “Water baptism”; Symbolism of the inner change.
Text base: Acts 8:36-40
Definition: The word used in Greek language for “Baptism” is “baptidzo” and it comes
from the root “bapto” which basically means, “to dip” Luke 16:24; Rev. 19:13; Jn. 13:26.
“To overwhelm with suffering”, Mt. 20:22-23; Lk. 12:50. “To bury into (Rom. 6:3-7;
Col. 2:12) regardless of the element used”.
In the scriptures we found 7 different types of baptism:
a) John’s Baptism in water: Mt. 3; Mk. 1; Lk. 3; 7:29-30; Jn. 1:31-33; 3:23-26;
10:40; acts 1:5; 11:16; 19:3.
b) Christ’s baptism in water: Jn. 3:22; 4:1-2.
c) Baptism in suffering: Lk. 12:50.
d) Baptism in the Cloud and in the Sea: 1 Cor. 10:2.
e) Christian baptism in water: Mt. 28:19; Mk. 16:16; acts 2:38-41; 8:12-16, 36-38;
9:18; 10:47-48; 16:15, 33; 18:8; 19:5; 22:16; 1 Cor. 1:13-17; 1 pet. 3:21.
f) Baptism into Christ and his body: Rom. 6:3-7; 1 Cor. 12:13; Gal. 3:27; Col.
g) Baptism in the Holy Spirit: Mt. 3:11, 14; 20:22-23; Mk. 1:8; 10:38-39; Lk. 3:16;
Jn. 1:33; 7:37-39; acts 1:5; 11:16; 19:2-3.
3 Baptisms for believers:
I. Into Christ or His body at repentance and new birth. 1 Cor. 12:13. It’s also called
“One baptism” in Eph. 4:5 because it is the only baptism that saves the soul and
brings into the body of Christ. Jn. 3:1-13; 2 Cor. 5:17; Gal. 3:27.
II. Water Baptism after one is saved. Acts 8:12-16, 36-38.
III. The Spirit Baptism, which it can be define as “The enduement (ability or
quality) of power for service. It can take place before the water baptism (acts
10:44-48) or after it (acts 1:4-8; 2:1-11; 8:12-21; 19:1-7).
Agents used in each baptism:
- The Holy Spirit is the (Divine) agent to baptize “into Christ and into his body”. 1
- Christ is the (Divine) agent to baptize “In the Holy Spirit”. Mt. 3:11; Jn. 1:31-33.
- The Minister is the (Selected by God) agent to baptize “Into the Water”. Mt.
Infant baptism is not taught in the scriptures and it was not supported by neither of the
apostles nor the early Christians. It becomes a practice in the 5th century by the Catholic
Church. Jews people never baptized infants, they “dedicated” to the lord.
Baptism in Scripture always has the prerequisite of repentance and faith, which are
impossible for an infant, and obviously an Infant cannot outwardly express faith.
The Lord’s Supper and Baptism are both sacraments and ordinances and are the same
sign and seal, since the Lord’s Supper may not be given to unbelievers, neither should
Baptism represents more than just physical washing, but being clean and good standing
before God, and therefore regenerate (Romans 6).
Baptism represents the remission of sins, and infants are not capable of repenting. (Luke
3:3, Mark 1:4, Acts 13:24, Acts 19:4)
Baptism has been part of Christianity from the start, as shown by the many mentions in
the Acts of the Apostles and the Pauline epistles.
1 Peter 3:21 say; (Amplified bible)
“And baptism, which is a figure [of their deliverance], does now also save you [from
inward questionings and fears], not by the removing of outward body filth [bathing], but
by [providing you with] the answer of a good and clear conscience (inward cleanness and
peace) before God [because you are demonstrating what you believe to be yours] through
the resurrection of Jesus Christ”.
Water Baptism is a symbol and does not put away the filth of the flesh. Gal. 5:19-21; 2
cor. 7:1; Col. 2:11. The like figure of the baptism in water also saved us. How does it
save us? Is it the water that saves or the thing that it is a figure of? It was not the water
that saved the 8 persons of verse 20. It was the ark that saved them from drowning in the
flood. So baptism in water does not save the soul, but faith in the death, burial, and
resurrection of Jesus Christ, that which baptism is a figure of, does save the soul. Read
rom. 6:3-5; 1 cor. 15:1-4; Ephesian 1:14; col. 1:20-22. A mere figure can have no power
to save, but the reality of the figure can. What Peter is saying is that “one thing we should
have clear and that is that baptism in water does not save one from the filth or moral
depravity of the flesh. He shows it to be only the answer of a good conscience toward
God, one that has been made clean by faith in the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Verse 21.
It is clear here that at baptism the conscience is already supposed to be good and clean
and baptism merely answer to it. As the waters of the flood could not have saved these 8
persons, had they not made use of the ark, so the water of the baptism does not save the
soul of anyone, but testifies figuratively to the salvation that comes by faith. Rom. 1:16;
3:24-25; 10:9-10. Compare also Acts 22:16
3 types of baptism in the New Testament:
1)- Water Baptism: which is perform by anyone who has been born again, and not only by ministers. Water baptism doesn’t save anyone, since it is a symbolism of our internal experience. In other words, baptism in water is a way or form to exteriorized the experience of being born again. When we do that in from of witnesses, we are saying by that act that we were once death but in Christ we are resurrected. The believer or minister is the instrument of God to do this act.
Let’s explain Mat. 3:13-17;
“Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”
Few things involved in these passages:
“Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.” verse 13. Jesus came to John as a confirmation of a word given to him by God. Observe what John 1:33 says;
“And I knew him not: but he (The Father) that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.”
– Jesus baptism was just a symbolic expression of his sacrifice upon the cross and his resurrection.
– The baptism was performed by “immersion in water”, and NOT BY SPRINKLING WATER, as many do today.
Observe what Mat. 3:16.
“And Jesus, when he was baptized, WENT UP STRAIGHTAWAY OUT of the water”. The water baptism was done by submersion, or being submerged inside the water.
In Mark 1:10 confirmed the same meaning:
“And SRTRIGHTAWAY COMING UP OUT of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him”
In Acts 8:38-39 expressed the same position:
“And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and THEY WENT DOWN BOTH INTO THE WATER, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him. And when THEY WERE COME UP OUT of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.”
The Scriptures DOES NOT SUPPORT the water baptism by sprinkling water, or by pouring a cup of water into a person. If we are going to do what the Scriptures says, we should do it right!
You are saved not by what you do or you don’t do, but by the grace of God!
“In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;” Ephesians 1:7
“That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” Ephesians 2:7-9
When we get submerged into the water, we are testifying that: “We are dead to the old lifestyle and we have a new life, through the experience of being born again”; “We are identified with Jesus in his death and in his resurrection”.
Water baptism without the experience of being born again is useless. Why is that? Because the act of being baptized into the waters it’s just a “symbolic act”, which is done in obedience to The Word of God. Observe what the scriptures says:
“But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were BAPTIZED, both men and women.” Acts 8:12
once more the Scriptures used the sequence and the appropriate or correct orden, which is “Believes” first and then after that “Baptized” also en Acts 8
“Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.” V. 35
“And as they went on their way, they came unto a CERTAIN WATER: and the eunuch said, See, here is WATER; what doth hinder me to be BAPTIZED?” V. 36
“And Philip said, If thou BELIEVEST with all thine HEART, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I BELIEVE that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.” V. 37
This eunuch experience what is written in Rom. 10:9-10 and he was saved, not by the water baptism by instead by faith in the sacrifice of Jesus upon the cross.
“And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.” V. 38
– Two different baptisms in Acts 8:12-18:
“But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.” V. 12
They BELIEVED before getting BAPTIZED, which is the correct order and lineup with the Scriptures.
“Then Simon himself BELIEVED also: and when he was BAPTIZED, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.” V. 13
That’s the order expressed by the Scriptures.
“Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had RECEIVED THE WORD OF GOD, they sent unto them Peter and John.” v. 14
Meaning they received the Word and were SAVED.
“Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might RECEIVE THE HOLY GHOST.” V. 15
(For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) V. 16
Proving that the baptism of water is DIFFERENT from the baptism into the Holy Spirit.
“Then laid they their hands on them, and THEY RECEIVED THE HOLY GHOST. V. 17
“And when Simon SAW (The visible evident) that through laying on of the apostles’ hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money.” V. 18
The Scriptures expressed that there’s a external manifestation through which people can notice the evidence of receiving the Holy Spirit.
Another passages that expressed the differences between receiving The baptism of the Holy Spirit and baptism into water. Acts 9:17-18.
“And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. V. 17
“And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was BAPTIZED.” V. 18
– Two different experiences; “He was FILLED with The Holy Spirit” and “He was BAPTIZED in water”.
Nowadays many people are struggling to follow the principles and divine directions from God, because they’re relying on the own strength and abilities, instead of relying on God’s power. Why is the reason for it? Because many are teaching that the manifestation of The Holy Spirit is not for this time but it was over in the apostle’s era. Which is something that had caused damage to many. This kinda of teaching doesn’t come from the Scriptures but rather from demonic inspiration. The Scriptures are very clear on this subject, that without the help and guidance of The Holy Spirit, we are doomed. These deceiving teachings have been infiltrated into the body of Christ by satan’s agents, which purpose is to diminished the effectiveness of the work of every born again against the works of Satan. Compare Eph. 4:14.
Jesus spoke about the effectiveness of every believer through the person of The Holy Spirit:
“And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you ANOTHER COMFORTER, that HE may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the WORLD CONNOT RECEIVE, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.” John 14:16-17
Why the World cannot receive the Holy Spirit? Because of their sinful nature, they need to born again and then, they would be able to receive him. Jesus said it very clear:
“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” John 3:3
“Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.” John 3:5
No religion can provide you with salvation but Jesus Christ. John 14:6.